Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Amazon video downloads on Playbook?

Does anyone know if you can download movies/shows you purchase on Amazon video to the Playbook directly and view? Amazon says only Kindle Fire is supported with this. I was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround. Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No you cant. Not a support device. Not even sure you can to a IPAD. On their site only supported device is a sony walkman. You can stream to the playbook though. I am hoping the ultraviolet format will be supported on it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

You might want to check the Amazon web site again. Videos are working!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dadymon View Post
    You might want to check the Amazon web site again. Videos are working!
    I believe the OP was referring to the ability to download a video for offline viewing. While the Amazon Instant Library appears to be working on the PlayBook again, I don't know of a way to save videos to the device like the Kindle Fire.
    CrackBerry User

Videos downloaded from Amazon are apparently DRM protected so while they worked fine on my computer, after transferring them to PlayBook I was not able to play them.
    Proud owner of BlackBerry Z10 and Playbook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

I just watch a new movie on amazon last night. Also clicked on some free content and everything work. Without starting another thread, is amazons content back up?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christenmartin View Post
    I just watch a new movie on amazon last night. Also clicked on some free content and everything work. Without starting another thread, is amazons content back up?
    Yes -- Amazon's working fine on the PB now. Unless of course you are bridged, but that's always been the case (Amazon sees you coming from Canadian servers when you are bridged).
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Thanked by:
    christenmartin (03-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

JasW: I'm trying to run my 64GB PB and view Amazon's video library and can get very few to start up. What is your configuration that makes it work? Browser? (User agent settings if SimpleBrowser+?) Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Happy Easter Season.
    DeanoDean
    RIM 950 > Yawn > Curve 8320 > Bold 9700 > Torch 9800 > PlayBook 16G > PlayBook 64G
    CrackBerry Abuser

Same here, are you using and app, special browser?

Found this:
    http://www.pocketables.net/2011/04/b...ig-screen.html

Would appear it's browser based if you have an Amazon Prime account.
    Last edited by Hobbes2099; 04-07-2012 at 11:20 AM.