So am I just doing something stupid here or has Amazon Prime Video started blocking Playbooks now?

I was able to watch streaming videos a few weeks ago but know all I get is a white screen with a grey exclamation point as you can see in the attached screenshot. Also, when I went to try some other videos to make sure it wasn't an issue with one title, I started getting the error about trying to stream more than one thing at a time. That makes me think it is just an error of some sort and not Amazon blocking us.

Can you guys stream Amazon videos to your PB anymore?
    08-11-11 09:08 PM
    Dont have access to Amazon Prime, but usually when I see that exclamation mark (watching YouTube videos), it's time to clear the cache and maybe restart the browser.
    08-11-11 09:18 PM
    i was just watching a prime instant movie on amazon. I think you may want to do a restart on your pb and then try it again. it has been working for me all day.
    08-11-11 09:20 PM
    I'm able to watch Amazon Instant Video... the ones you pay for... I don't have Prime... hope that helps...
    08-11-11 09:20 PM
    I'm watching a video on amazon prime right now. i've gotten the message before about watching on too many devices, but this usually occurs after I've finished watching something and then close the browser and try to watch something else right away. Might want to try a restart on your PB or at least clear the cache. Amazon Prime is working as intended for me.
    08-11-11 09:44 PM
    Agree with the rest no problem with prime here either, have my niece watching caillou as we speak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 09:53 PM
    I don't know if Flash has anything to do with it - is yours on?
    08-11-11 10:43 PM
    So am I just doing something stupid here or has Amazon Prime Video started blocking Playbooks now?

I was able to watch streaming videos a few weeks ago but know all I get is a white screen with a grey exclamation point as you can see in the attached screenshot. Also, when I went to try some other videos to make sure it wasn't an issue with one title, I started getting the error about trying to stream more than one thing at a time. That makes me think it is just an error of some sort and not Amazon blocking us.

Can you guys stream Amazon videos to your PB anymore?
    From the error message it looks like there is nothing wrong with the playbook, it looks like someone might of hacked you account and is using the sessions or your previous connection ended unexpectedly and is still stuck on the Amazon server. You probably need to wait for the previous session to time out, not sure how long since this is server controlled.

Wait 15 to 20 minutes and try again, if it's still the same error message then I suggest you change your Amazon Prime password, because it might be compromised.
    08-11-11 11:28 PM
    ive gotten the grey exclamation mark before on other sites. dont worry, all you need to do is either restart browser or restart playbook.
    08-12-11 01:40 AM
    Thanks for the info, guys! Glad to know it isn't being blocked. I had tried clearing cache already. Will try restarting and give it another go.

And I know the error message wasn't related. I mentioned in my OP that I believed that was showing up only because I had tried a few movies in a row to try to get it going.

Thanks again! Glad it was just me having issues!

T
    08-12-11 06:56 AM
    Two Quick Questions:

1. Can you download the videos you buy or rent from Amazon Prime Video for playback when you don't have a connection (airplane, for example)?
    2. What resolution can you get from them (HD)?

Thank you, I would really appreciate hearing from current PB/Amazon Prime users as this might represent a great portable movie solution for my 32G.
    Thanks!
    08-12-11 01:15 PM
    I am a Prime user and love it. For me, it's a definite bonus since I've been a Prime member for a while now.

1. Can you download the videos you buy or rent from Amazon Prime Video for playback when you don't have a connection (airplane, for example)?

The free videos are not downloadable. They simply stream. I guess if you buy a movie it is saved and viewable anywhere although I've not done this.

They are in HD and look great on my tv.

I've had no issues with Amazon's streaming video.
    08-12-11 01:32 PM
    I had been wacthing Amazon Prime videos fine on my Playbook now I am getting cannot stream beacuse flash is out of date. I get this like after 5-10 seconds of the video playing fine.
    02-10-12 10:48 AM
    Wait... I've tried to use Amazon Prime on my PlayBook and it says that this is an unsupported device. What am I doing wrong?!

Please help.

CDC
    02-10-12 11:20 AM
    As soon as I get home, I'm gonna try this out!! WOOHOO!!

CDC
    02-10-12 11:49 AM
    I am a Prime user and love it. For me, it's a definite bonus since I've been a Prime member for a while now.

The free videos are not downloadable. They simply stream. I guess if you buy a movie it is saved and viewable anywhere although I've not done this.

They are in HD and look great on my tv.

I've had no issues with Amazon's streaming video.
    My wife & I have been using Amazon Prime for a while now too. Just wanted to know. Are you viewing through the Native Browser or are you using Simple Browser? Just curious...

THANKS!
    02-10-12 11:51 AM
    As far as I know, you need Amazon Unbox to download their content. I have to use that program to watch my downloaded videos on my PC and laptop. I can't access them any other way. They don't show up as normal videos in my file browser and won't sync to my Zune or iTunes either. I think the only mobile device supported is the their own Fire.
    Last edited by Swirlz; 02-10-12 at 12:19 PM.
    02-10-12 12:13 PM
    I have Amazon Prime and got the message also but it said the flash was outdated. This seem to only happen on the HD Videos trying to play at 720p. I will try again to verify but the regular videos seem to play fine the issue seems to be with HD.
    02-10-12 12:50 PM
    This is great! I was not aware that Prime existed. Going to try this when I get home!
    02-10-12 12:58 PM
    There's another thread on this, but I'll summarize.

Seems as though movies that have been purchased and are in your video library will no longer work.

Rental movies do seem to work.

Many TV shows and many of the free prime movies do not work. I just tried one (Five Minutes of Heaven) a minute a ago, and it does not work (get the Flash Player needs to be updated message).

I called and emailed Amazon and they were very clear that the PlayBook is NOT supported.

Truly stinks.
    02-10-12 01:20 PM
    I have amazon prime and just watched the david chappelle"s show season 1 on prime instant videos with no problem it was not in HD i then tried to watch a movie in HD and got the flash message when it started
    02-10-12 02:21 PM
    Well I was watch Star trek next generation (not HD) finished watching a chapter move to the next one and got the flash error. Is there a way of not using the HD. I even went back to the chapters I had view before and now they won't play either. I managed to watch the first two seasons and was half way through the third when the flash message popuped. I eve clicked on the link and it said that the flash for the browser was up to date.
    Last edited by angelvel; 02-11-12 at 06:58 AM.
    02-11-12 06:53 AM
    It looks like someone may be hacked your account and use session or your connection to an abrupt end, and still stay in the Amazon server.
    02-12-12 09:15 PM
    02-12-12 09:32 PM
    Something weird is going on with amazon's servers. Some of the shows/movies work and some don't. I watched most of Starman today, but when I tried the x-files I got that upgrade flash message. A few people in another thread suggested getting Simplebrowserplus from app world. They say it works great with Amazon vod.
    02-12-12 09:40 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD