just realized that amazon instant video works on playbook! now if xfinity can get their act together i would be very happy!
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    09-26-11 09:29 AM
    Yup. Works great.
    09-26-11 09:47 AM
    Yeah its great. It would be even better if we could play the VOD offline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 11:26 AM
    Amazon prime is a great deal, especially if you order from Amazon a lot...great deals on shipping. Plus they just added Arrested Development.
    09-26-11 11:32 AM
    Bumping this thread. Has anyone else been getting the playback errors with Amazon instant videos lately? I'm getting an error that says Adobe Flash needs to be updated.
    02-11-12 05:23 PM
    Well DABNABIT! Just tried it and I got the same error... what do we do now?

When I try to get the updated one, it says I have the most recent one...
    02-11-12 05:38 PM
    Well DABNABIT! Just tried it and I got the same error... what do we do now?

When I try to get the updated one, it says I have the most recent one...
    Nothing....get an el cheapo tablet if you want movies, or you can watch them with me on my 72" wide plasma screen, like movies are supposed to be watched. The PB is a pro-grade pc, not a toy.
    02-11-12 05:41 PM
    Yeah, I noticed about two wks ago when I tried to watch the pilot ep of Touch for free. The sad thing is that it actually does work for a few minutes. I get vid and sound for 20 sec before the error pops up. Glad to know that I'm not the only one getting the error, but annoyed that I can't watch. Really hope that OS2 supports more vid.
    02-11-12 05:53 PM
    Nothing....get an el cheapo tablet if you want movies, or you can watch them with me on my 72" wide plasma screen, like movies are supposed to be watched. The PB is a pro-grade pc, not a toy.
    Really Al ????
    02-11-12 06:02 PM
    It's working on both my laptops.. one has XP and the other has Win7... have they just blocked it for the PB??
    02-11-12 06:06 PM
    Tested it on the PB using SimpleBrowserPlus.... works!!
    02-11-12 06:30 PM
    It's working on both my laptops.. one has XP and the other has Win7... have they just blocked it for the PB??
    There may have been an actual update to Flash recently for PCs. Makes me wonder how our browsers will get updates in the future. Is this the beginning of mobile Flash being left behind?
    02-11-12 06:32 PM
    Now if only this would work in Canada...
    02-11-12 06:33 PM
    Have you guys tried different shows? Here's what I did: tried to play an episode of The X-Files season 1 and got the error message you guys are talking about. Next I tried a movie from my library and it worked no problem, let it play for about five min to make sure. Then tried one of free movies for prime members and also fine. Something weird is going on that's for sure.
    02-11-12 09:39 PM
    yes, i tried different shows and movies in the IE browser on the PB... then I used the SimpleBrowserPlus and it works fine.
    02-11-12 10:36 PM
    yes, i tried different shows and movies in the IE browser on the PB... then I used the SimpleBrowserPlus and it works fine.
    Where did you get the simplebrowserplus? Just in case.
    02-12-12 05:07 AM
    I would say Amazon is having code add to therir site to stop anyone with playbook from using the service since they want to promote the Amazon Fire (playbook knockoff) as the end all of tablets.

I figure the simple browser works due to coding source or security features. Just my .02 but still glad it works with SB for all of you.
    02-12-12 05:53 AM
    I would say Amazon is having code add to therir site to stop anyone with playbook from using the service since they want to promote the Amazon Fire (playbook knockoff) as the end all of tablets.

I figure the simple browser works due to coding source or security features. Just my .02 but still glad it works with SB for all of you.
    Is the simple browser something I can get from the app world? How do I get it?
    02-12-12 06:09 AM
    Is the simple browser something I can get from the app world? How do I get it?
    Go to app world, to apps, to productivity, and there you'll find it (the free and paid version).
    02-12-12 06:26 AM
    Yes, simplebrowser can be downloaded from app world.
    02-12-12 06:26 AM
    Got it, thanks a lot guys.
    02-12-12 07:34 AM
    Tried simple browser with all the agents - no joy.
    02-12-12 08:16 PM
    FWIW, I have a Roku box that also accesses Amazon Prime videos and it was flipping out during playback this weekend too. One freeze event took the whole Roku OS out with it and forced a reboot. At the same time, I was able to view Amazon Prime on the PB through the weekend without incident. There are problems, but I'm thinking they're streaming problems originating from Amazon rather than deliberate blocking of the PB. Just my $0.02...I could be wrong.
    02-13-12 10:06 AM
    FWIW, I have a Roku box that also accesses Amazon Prime videos and it was flipping out during playback this weekend too. One freeze event took the whole Roku OS out with it and forced a reboot. At the same time, I was able to view Amazon Prime on the PB through the weekend without incident. There are problems, but I'm thinking they're streaming problems originating from Amazon rather than deliberate blocking of the PB. Just my $0.02...I could be wrong.
    Exactly what I've been thinking. It doesn't make sense that some shows/movies work and others don't. Just tried it with the simplebrowser and can't get it to work at all.
    02-13-12 10:29 AM
    just realized that amazon instant video works on playbook! now if xfinity can get their act together i would be very happy!
    Yep! Works awesome. Wished i could get it to work through the bridge instead of only wifi... i keep getting the "not permitted to stream content outside the United States" message.

Yea, im like "what?!?!".
    02-13-12 10:41 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD