I have a 16GB Playbook my wife bought me (just before they went on sale, of course). I love this device! It has all but replaced my laptop which is less than a year old, and I only use my android phone for the rare call now. My 15yr old got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and there is just no comparison to the pb - functionality, build quality, ease of use, the whole 9 yards. I just don't get why the tech media are so down on the pb. Have they actually used one?

I've been tempted to pick up a 64GB model now that the price is so low. I tell myself its so my wife and I can each have one, but that's really just a rationalization. Am I crazy to want a second pb considering a) I already have one and b) the future seems so uncertain for this device?
    01-07-12 02:40 PM
    No, you're not crazy in wanting another. If you're gonna use a device, no problem. If you were buying it just for grins, then I might debate your sanity.
    01-07-12 03:01 PM
    You need to ask me? LOL Look at my devices.....
    01-07-12 03:04 PM
    I bought a 16gb and wasn't completely pleased.. so I gave it to my gf and bought a 64gb instead.
    01-07-12 03:06 PM
    I have three in the house now: one for my regular use, one for testing apps on the beta 2.0 builds, and one for my wife.

My sister had me purchase two for her and her husband at Christmas.

My brother-in-law (different one) wanted to get two but could only get one at the time with the out-of-stock issues.

You're definitely not crazy to want two!
    01-07-12 03:11 PM
    We have two in the JeepBB household. Both of ours are in constant use.

I have a 64GB so I can pack more videos/music onto it for road-trips, and my son (14) has a 16GB which he mostly uses for games and browsing.

So if you think you'll use it, the current PB prices are a steal and you'd be daft to not buy another.
    01-07-12 03:34 PM
    we have 2 32's here in use constantly, and if i hadn't just bought a 9900 off contract i'd pick up a 64 in a second...like has been said before, if you use it, at this price you'd be crazy not to
    01-07-12 03:45 PM
    We now have 3 in our house too. I got one from my wife for birthday/Christmas, and was thinking of getting the itouch for my youngest daughter for Christmas, but she has some vision issues so thought the bigger screen would be better for her, bought her a pb for Christmas.

Now I was in the dilemma that my pb was often being hijacked by my wife (and two other kids). So ended up picking up a 32GB playbook. I had the same worry but the pb has enough versatility in it that if all it could do is what it can do today, it wouldn't be a total loss. Once OS 2.0 hits, it is a no brainer in regards to value...that cloud is what is keeping even more people on the sidelines.
    01-07-12 03:55 PM
    Can we have some additional facts on which to judge your sanity?
    01-07-12 04:03 PM
    nope it's not crazy at all. We have three here. my daughter, my wife and moi!!! and we all use it like crazy.
    01-07-12 04:57 PM
    I think the above posts are all lies. No rational person of sound mind would buy one, let alone a second or third device that is so obviously flawed. For reasons beyond comprehension I bought a second one for personal use, as well as my wife now owning one. I'm sure one of these days I'll start regretting it. Until then, I guess I'll just force myself to enjoy the darn thing
    01-07-12 04:59 PM
    I don't think the ability to video chat with yourself should ever be dismissed as a reason to have a second unit
    Especially if you are suffering from dissociative identity disorder.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-07-12 at 05:16 PM.
    01-07-12 05:11 PM
    two in our house - got tired of my wife constantly borrowing mine to read here kobo books so i got her one for her to use...
    01-07-12 05:41 PM
    You should get the 64 and make her think it's her idea. That is the key to maintaining a happy marriage. Stop small with a 64 Gig playbook and move your way up to a lime green Hemi Challenger.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-07-12 07:14 PM
    You should get the 64 and make her think it's her idea. That is the key to maintaining a happy marriage. Stop small with a 64 Gig playbook and move your way up to a lime green Hemi Challenger.
    Happy Wife = Happy Life QFT
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    01-07-12 07:21 PM
    No not at all
    01-07-12 08:03 PM
    Not crazy at all. I payed full price for mine right after release. With the price drop I feel like I'd be crazy not to buy another one now. I've only got one problem... Yep, you guessed it. SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.
    01-07-12 08:03 PM
    I'm must be crazy too because I want another one to video chat with myself.

But seriously I've been thinking about getting another one so when the one I have now dies I'll have a replacement.
    01-07-12 08:12 PM
    i'm used to play modern combat for several hours and then when I drain the battery - switch to the second playbook and continue killing android and apple fanboys...

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-07-12 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD