I'm looking for alternatives to watch/rent TV/movies. Is it possible to use iTunes to rent and then copy files to PB to watch? Anyone successfully do it or does Apple have DRM employed?
    03-10-12 02:45 PM
    If you're in the US or other covered areas, try Amazon prime.
    03-10-12 03:29 PM
    Crackle.com
    03-10-12 03:50 PM
    Thanks. I'll look into that one.

Has anyone tried buying shows from iTunes and see if they can be transferred to the PB and viewed OK? I cannot be the only one who has thought of doing this??
    03-10-12 03:50 PM
    1channel.ch stream or download movies ...new movies works great!
    JakePNEFC likes this.
    03-10-12 04:03 PM
    If you're in the US or other covered areas, try Amazon prime.
    Amazon purchases can't be directly downloaded to the Playbook. Streaming is also somewhat problematic. You may want to do a search for recent threads on it.

But I would also love to know if anyone has successfully managed a work around for either Amazon or iTunes downloads.
    03-10-12 04:19 PM
    Look for the pb tv thread. You wouldn't need the app as it is a sideload if you don't want to do that. The sites are listed.
    03-10-12 04:24 PM
    Amazon purchases can't be directly downloaded to the Playbook. Streaming is also somewhat problematic. You may want to do a search for recent threads on it.

But I would also love to know if anyone has successfully managed a work around for either Amazon or iTunes downloads.
    Last time I checked (this week), service was back to normal.
    03-10-12 04:24 PM
    I watched 3 "new" movies last night via 1channel.ch just click the new movies link,also I recommend putlocker links to stream.
    03-10-12 04:28 PM
    I watched 3 "new" movies last night via 1channel.ch just click the new movies link,also I recommend putlocker links to stream.
    I just joined 1channel.ch and while I saw the dvx player I didn't see the flash player. Is that going to be a problem? And it seemed to be looking for a specific flash plugin - Flow-something?
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    So no one has tried to load iTunes downloaded videos?

UPDATE - I just tried it and even though the file is .m4v it won't play. PB says "file type isn't supported". So I guess DRM is stopping it. Lovely. Where do you get 1st run movies legally?
    Last edited by claykin; 03-10-12 at 05:19 PM.
    03-10-12 05:00 PM
    If you're in Canada, try Rogers Anywhere (formerly Rogers On Demand). Movies can be rented and streamed. TV programs streamed and are free.
    03-10-12 05:41 PM
    I have found using AnyDvD software allows you to put any movie you want on it. This saves you when your out at say work and want to watch a movie.
    03-10-12 06:43 PM
    I just joined 1channel.ch and while I saw the dvx player I didn't see the flash player. Is that going to be a problem? And it seemed to be looking for a specific flash plugin - Flow-something?
    You don't have to join to watch and as I said use the putlocker links. No divx needed with putlocker links and no registration needed to watch.
    hpjrt likes this.
    03-10-12 07:06 PM
    Get PlayOn as that allows you to watch Netflix Hulu and lots of other online streams on your playbook. Down side is that you need your computer on for it to the work.
    mprice63 likes this.
    03-10-12 10:00 PM
    Get PlayOn as that allows you to watch Netflix Hulu and lots of other online streams on your playbook. Down side is that you need your computer on for it to the work.
    If my pc had a screen smaller than 7 inches that would be convenient. But since its bigger I might as well use the laptop. :
    03-10-12 10:02 PM
    in the U.S. you can just go to the web and watch abc, cbs, and nbc.
    I enjoy watching This Week, my wife likes watching Castle and others.
    03-10-12 10:05 PM
    Crackle.com
    I'll cheers to Crackle. I use it all the time and I've never had any issues with it.
    03-10-12 10:20 PM
    HBOGO.com for some Game of Thrones (Depending on your subscription and cable provider)
    03-10-12 10:34 PM
    I still like using projectfreetv. Like others have suggested putlocker seems to stream the best. Also if you have a tv tuner hooked up to a pc a home you can set up Orb for free live streaming. The app is free in AppWorld.
    03-11-12 01:03 AM
    Justintv, vettle, and tubeplus.
    03-11-12 04:10 AM
    I have AnyDvd but I thought it was for making backup copies of my DVDs. How are you using the software to view downloaded or streamed movies?

I have found using AnyDvD software allows you to put any movie you want on it. This saves you when your out at say work and want to watch a movie.
    03-11-12 09:53 AM
    I just tried 1channel.ch and it worked well. I connected my playbook to my tv and streamed it using the putnick link or what ever its called.
    Last edited by Double_J75; 03-11-12 at 01:33 PM.
    03-11-12 01:12 PM
    Yup putlocker and sockshare links run movies very well on the playbook. Bets thing is you don't have to register to stream.
    03-11-12 01:22 PM
    I tried to sign up for the service and now it does not recognizes my login info. I think is a scam the site access. Just to be careful I will contact my credit card.
    03-11-12 09:32 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD