There is a free program called Xvid4PSP 6.0 that will can convert the audio only while leaving the video alone. Thus it can convert a 1 hour video in 5 or 6 minutes or so. Settings should set video to "copy" and audio set to "aac".
    Sent you a PM on this program.
    06-04-12 08:07 PM
    There is a free program called Xvid4PSP 6.0 that will can convert the audio only while leaving the video alone. Thus it can convert a 1 hour video in 5 or 6 minutes or so. Settings should set video to "copy" and audio set to "aac".
    Cool! Thanks. I hope this works. Cause converting MKV videos takes so long with other programs.
    06-05-12 12:57 AM
    It works quickly by only converting the audio while leaving the video alone. Just remember to set the video to "copy", otherwise the conversion process takes much much longer.
    06-05-12 02:25 AM
    Sent you a PM on this program.
    im curious why you posted this in the general forum? is there something wrong with the program he recommended?
    06-05-12 04:04 AM
    well for me I simply change the file extension from .mkv to .mp4 and walah! videos played on my playbook. as simple as that and I haven't had any problems so far.
    06-05-12 05:58 AM
    well for me I simply change the file extension from .mkv to .mp4 and walah! videos played on my playbook. as simple as that and I haven't had any problems so far.
    To avoid potential confusion for new readers, that will work if the audio contained in the renamed file is one recognized by the pb. Otherwise, you will see the video but there will be no sound. And since some update or other, the pb will play mkv files (not renamed), again, if the audio is correct.
    06-05-12 09:49 AM
    I have mkv files as large as 15GB per movie - I wonder if using this program would take how long?
    06-05-12 12:00 PM
    It works quickly by only converting the audio while leaving the video alone. Just remember to set the video to "copy", otherwise the conversion process takes much much longer.
    Thanks so much!
    06-05-12 05:42 PM
    In app world there is a program called Watchmore. It let's you convert a video on your playbook to one that you can watch. You just need to let it convert first which it says takes up to 1/7th the playing time.

I just used it for Human Planet and it maintained the beautiful 1080p quality from the original.

OH VLC, where arrrrrrrre you?
    06-05-12 06:05 PM
    Dang, I wish I had read this thread earlier, I just took a huge road trip and would have loved to bring some videos.
    On another note, has anyone had problems with larger files on the playbook?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 06:13 PM
    In app world there is a program called Watchmore. It let's you convert a video on your playbook to one that you can watch. You just need to let it convert first which it says takes up to 1/7th the playing time.

I just used it for Human Planet and it maintained the beautiful 1080p quality from the original.

OH VLC, where arrrrrrrre you?
    Have you used it for more than that one video? What was the audio track/codec it converted?
    06-05-12 07:42 PM
    Have you used it for more than that one video? What was the audio track/codec it converted?
    That is the only one so far. I have a habit now of specifying AAC in torrents now and so far so good.

Will let you know if I do another.
    06-05-12 07:53 PM
    hey pacoman, which audio setting "AAC" should i use? asks which kbps i want... 16,32,48,64,72?

thanks.
    Last edited by pointman; 06-07-12 at 01:12 AM.
    06-07-12 01:02 AM
    hey pacoman, which audio setting "AAC" should i use? asks which kbps i want... 16,32,48,64,72?

thanks.
    128 Kbps should give you decent quality audio. Otherwise you might try to match the original audio track.
    06-07-12 01:47 AM
    Thanks! I have no idea what the original audio was so I will just do what you said. I tried doing it last night at random levels and for some reason the program kept force closing. Gonna try again on a different comp. I hope this works. Would be so much better than converting an entire video.
    06-07-12 01:20 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD