Picked mine up in Calgary about an hour and a half ago. Got it up and running and played around with as much functionality that was available. After about 90 minutes of playing around with the Playbook, I'm already bored.

I'll give it a few weeks and wait until more functionality and more apps are available before deciding if I will keep it or return it. So far, it's a nifty device, but like a kid at Christmas time, I'm excited at first, but now slowly starting to get rather bored with it.
    04-19-11 09:44 AM
    What did you expect that it's not offering?
    04-19-11 09:46 AM
    If you had no purpose in mind when you bought one, then surely you're going to get bored with it. If however, you plan on using it for reading and light browsing then you might find that the device serves its purpose. The Same goes for the iPad and all the other tablets out on the market.
    04-19-11 09:47 AM
    Picked mine up in Calgary about an hour and a half ago.
    Hello fellow Calgarian. Where did you get yours.
    I got mine at the Beacon Hill Future Shop.
    I was the only customer at 7:00 am.
    04-19-11 09:48 AM
    take it back then.....
    04-19-11 09:49 AM
    sell it!! My Bid: $249
    lol
    04-19-11 09:50 AM
    I got bored on iPad 2 as well.

But I like Playbook mainly because I could have Flash now.
    04-19-11 09:52 AM
    Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying OP.

New gadgets will do that to you... Full of promise at first, then after a while you get bored with them.

Want to a know a secret hobby that NEVER loses it's first thrill? Never gets boring? EVERY TIME you do it is like the first time?

Jump off the top of a skyscraper.
    dodger_moore likes this.
    04-19-11 09:52 AM
    what did you buy it for? what were you planning on doing with it?
    or did you just buy it becuase it was cool. I'm not trying to be a **** so don't take it the wrong way. but if you don't have a use for it I would expect you would board. it does have a good browser, just keep it with you and and use it as the need arises. if you want to play games i'm sure there will be some shortly

i'm getting on from work to play with. my plans are to complement by BB for e-mail and calender and to be able to update spreadsheets without having to break out the laptop. I am going away on vacation an i want to see how well it does as a camera and video recorder.

nice censorship what was wrong with that word
    Last edited by bbaleno; 04-19-11 at 09:56 AM.
    04-19-11 09:54 AM
    The trolls are in full bloom today, the guy probably sent the post from his ipad
    04-19-11 09:55 AM
    Toy boys....
    04-19-11 09:57 AM
    I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm already bored reading about it, LOL
    04-19-11 09:57 AM
    sell it!! My Bid: $249
    lol
    My bid is $250
    04-19-11 09:58 AM
    I'm no troll but the jury is still out for me on if I'm going to buy any tablet now. I was gung ** and having to have one, now not so sure I'm in IT so I could justify using it but the only question for me is how much will I use one. I was lying in bed the other night and thinking is it worth buying a tablet or using my laptop. I'm holding off till the PIM update, by then any beginning bugs should be worked out and also gives me time to see what's going to happen with honeycomb. Doesn't help that I got my eye on an AimPoint
    04-19-11 10:01 AM
    04-19-11 10:02 AM
    255 is my bid
    I see your $255 and I raise you $256
    04-19-11 10:03 AM
    I bought it mostly for light browsing at home when I'm in my living room as opposed to having to travel upstairs to the office to browse on my PC. Also look forward to the e-reader capabilities.

I bought it at Futureshop in the SW. Didn't even pre-order. Just walked in, picked one up, and left. No line up at all. Right now I have music playing on it, and it sounds better than I thought it would. One bad thing about buying products which are not fully functional at release, is that you don't get the proper amount of time to demo a product in full working order within the return policy timeframe. i.e. it could take a week or more as more functionality of the playbook becomes available. To be honest, I wish I would of waited at least a week before buying it. Oh well.
    04-19-11 10:04 AM
    My bid is 255.01

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:04 AM
    Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying OP.

New gadgets will do that to you... Full of promise at first, then after a while you get bored with them.

Want to a know a secret hobby that NEVER loses it's first thrill? Never gets boring? EVERY TIME you do it is like the first time?

Jump off the top of a skyscraper.
    I've watched a few base jumping videos on youtube and I'll admit. If I was younger and didn't have a kid, I'd probably look into it looks like a thrill/rush. I remember there was a big ditch in the back of my parents back yard. My brother and I would pile up leave and run and jump off the edge bout 10' or so to a landing area, even further if you tried to land down towards the bottom. It was dumb as all get out looking back on it but talk about fun
    04-19-11 10:05 AM
    He would've sent it from his PB, but it locked up on an OTA software upgrade and has been stuck on "colored circles" ever since. I guess it's good his iPad is there bas a backup. . .Apple is basically AAA for PlayBook users.
    Ya. Just don't hold it the wrong way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 10:06 AM
    Picked mine up in Calgary about an hour and a half ago.
    Hello fellow Calgarian. Where did you get yours.
    I got mine at the Beacon Hill Future Shop.
    I was the only customer at 7:00 am.
    Another Calgarian checking in - I got mine at the Deerfoot Meadows BBY
    04-19-11 10:10 AM
    Picked mine up in Calgary about an hour and a half ago. Got it up and running and played around with as much functionality that was available. After about 90 minutes of playing around with the Playbook, I'm already bored.

I'll give it a few weeks and wait until more functionality and more apps are available before deciding if I will keep it or return it. So far, it's a nifty device, but like a kid at Christmas time, I'm excited at first, but now slowly starting to get rather bored with it.
    what apps do you really need? go on the Internet. How many apps do you really have on your PC that you dont have on the PB or the Internet?

Can I have your PB ?
    04-19-11 10:12 AM
    At home you'll be bored of it like any device. When commuting or on the go is when you will enjoy it more. The key here is really portability.
    04-19-11 10:12 AM
    He would've sent it from his PB, but it locked up on an OTA software upgrade and has been stuck on "colored circles" ever since. I guess it's good his iPad is there bas a backup. . .Apple is basically AAA for PlayBook users.
    You know it's funny, ever since you showed up we have not heard much from dutchtender.......
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-11 10:13 AM
    04-19-11 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD