Would anyone here buy a car that had only 90 hp, manual windows, and no A/C, but the potential is there and they'll make a computer update to get you 200hp later, make the windows work right, and make it so you have working A/C? No. You'd think that the car company was stupid for putting out the car with features that don't work right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I bought my BMW without bluetooth working but it was fine because the hardware was there and the software update was coming. I didn't mind lol. I might be rare but when I see the potential or something cool I'm still going to buy it.
    04-21-11 12:39 PM
    Would anyone here buy a car that had only 90 hp, manual windows, and no A/C, but the potential is there and they'll make a computer update to get you 200hp later, make the windows work right, and make it so you have working A/C? No. You'd think that the car company was stupid for putting out the car with features that don't work right.

This is probably the stupidest analogy I've ever heard in my life. A car with no A/C can't be given an OTA update to get A/C...
    04-21-11 12:43 PM
    if anyone thinks this product is anything but a company ending disaster they are high on their own supply.
    With this kind of fantastic prescience, you must make a lot of money on the stock market.
    04-21-11 12:52 PM
    IMHO, with the amount of time between when they announced and when they launched, it shouldn't have been missing anything. Period.
    Agreed. Now I can't wait for a 'Refresh' of this device.
    04-21-11 12:53 PM
    if anyone thinks this product is anything but a company ending disaster they are high on their own supply.

I just canceled my order with Best Buy, going the android route.
    So just so we are clear. Your are proposing that the successful launch of the Playbook was all that RIM is relying on to keep the company in business ....

Yep, your right we must be high....
    04-21-11 12:55 PM

This is just a ridiculous statemnet.
    04-21-11 01:03 PM

I just canceled my order with Best Buy, going the android route.
    RIM might be put out of business now because you cancelled your order LOL
    Good luck with Android and all the problems you are going to have with it. I just dumped all my Android phones (finally) because of all the issues I was having with them.
    04-21-11 02:00 PM
    This is just a ridiculous statemnet.
    It may not be a perfect analogy, but my point is that you wouldn't spend $30k on something that didnkt really do what it should at the time. I never said that I wanted them to hurry up and get it on the market either. I just said that I wouldn't have minded them waiting and putting something out that had the features that we all expect from a blackberry branded item. It's just that with the track record of the OS6 leaks having problems with BBM cursors, facebook cursor problems, memory leaks, etc, it stands to reason that they will get it right eventually, but that might be once the hardware is already outdated. I'm not trying to bash on RIM and I plan on having my BB for a long time, but the fact is that they released something that wasn't quite ready because they were feeling the pressure from competition. All the way up until the last week of March they were saying release at the end of the 3rd quarter. They should have updated it to end of quarter 2, put the features that a BB branded item should have, and gone with that. People tend to be much happier when they buy a product that works right out of the box, not when they have to deal with things not working right. This PB may not survive in it's current form, but I have no doubt RIM will stay in business.

04-21-11 03:05 PM
    I bought my BMW without bluetooth working but it was fine because the hardware was there and the software update was coming. I didn't mind lol. I might be rare but when I see the potential or something cool I'm still going to buy it.
    Yes sir, your a rare breed! My Cadillac was 45K, and I wouldn't have moved off that lot unless it did everything they claimed it would do THE DAY I purchased it. Way to many other Cadillac dealers in Texas for me to wait for anything especially if they aren't waiting for my money!
    04-21-11 03:23 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD