I use the native text app on my 9650. With the release of 2.0 I have all of the features that I wanted from my top 10 list except the ability to receive and view text messages as the phone receives them. One might call this Bridge texts.

I can ignore my phone as it sits in my backpack, pocket or across my desk and have my PB 2.0 propped up for every message I commonly receive...except texts.

I know WhatsApp will sorta do this, but the sender has to be on Whatsapp, too.

Any suggestions?
    02-21-12 10:52 PM
    Check out SMS Bidge in app world.... I use it for all my texting... on the playbook.... Sends your text to your Email on the phone and access them with emailed brige... allows you to reply as well....

Hope this helps.....
    02-21-12 10:56 PM
    Check out SMS Bidge in app world.... I use it for all my texting... on the playbook.... Sends your text to your Email on the phone and access them with emailed brige... allows you to reply as well....

Hope this helps.....

The thing I hate about that is now I have an email of the text message in my inbox on my phone, plus I have the same exact text message in my text inbox. And I have to either open the other message or mark it as read to get rid of the notification, plus it just takes up wayyy more space on my phone and makes things harder to sift through.

AND

When I reply the email on my PB, the subject keeps getting included into the text message and makes the text unnecessarily long and the person has to read the same subject line over and over again in every text message...
    02-21-12 10:58 PM
    I do appreciate the tip and I know that this works for lots of folks. It's too kludgey for me, for most of the reasons stated by jranciano.

Thanks, brother.
    02-21-12 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD