Just back from a conference for lawyers and accountants. Room had about 400 ppl in it and over the course of the week I probably only saw 5 non-BB phones. I did not see one single PB...all were ipads. not terribly exciting news but just thought i would share.
    08-14-12 12:37 AM
    did you at least bring your playbook?
    08-14-12 12:44 AM
    I did indeed. Worked like a charm.
    08-14-12 12:52 AM
    F'in sucks... I really wish BlackBerry had better luck with PlayBook's... They really are the sh*t
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-14-12 02:02 AM
    At least we know the BlackBerry is still popular with ambulance chasers and bean counters. Still #1 in professionals must be doing something right.
    08-14-12 05:01 AM
    i can see why, the playbook is a awesome piece of hardware, the OS and the software on the other side is a different story compared to an ipad with iOS5.

dont get me wrong i love my playbook and i love the OS and they way it controls, but having to rely on sideloading for apps and the problems with email and the browser are annoying.
    08-14-12 05:16 AM
    Blackberry ABOVE Apple !!
    Why don't they use Playbooks ?! They can bridge it with their Blackberrys :s
    08-14-12 07:08 AM
    I work for a large accounting firm and am the only person I know that uses the Playbook. Everyone that's seen it seems impressed, but most of them already own iPads. Our employer's now rolling out an app called "Good for Enterprise" that allows secure access to corporate mail and calendars from iOS devices. Compared to the Playbook it is terrible, and of course I can't connect an iPad to the corporate wifi as it needs a certificate so only any good if you have the 3G iPad. I hope RIM's sales pick up before a future version of that app catches up in terms of usability.
    08-14-12 07:51 AM
    They need their Sports Illustrated fix, maybe? But I don't knock anyone who goes for an Ipad. They are simply the best tablets out now, with the best app ecosystem in the mobile space. They deserve the success on that front. The biggest mistake they made though was that they excluded Flash... that gave many people a reason to consider alternatives...which they could easily have seized, since the Ipad was a critical success.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-12 07:53 AM
    I work for a large accounting firm and am the only person I know that uses the Playbook. Everyone that's seen it seems impressed, but most of them already own iPads. Our employer's now rolling out an app called "Good for Enterprise" that allows secure access to corporate mail and calendars from iOS devices. Compared to the Playbook it is terrible, and of course I can't connect an iPad to the corporate wifi as it needs a certificate so only any good if you have the 3G iPad. I hope RIM's sales pick up before a future version of that app catches up in terms of usability.
    Good for Enterprise is something you will never see on a BlackBerry device, as they provide the same sort of secure email system as RIM. We have just started introducing it as we roll out the first iPhones in the organisation...and at the same getting rid of the far superior although antiquated version of BES that we have.

Its only after we have been playing with Good and iOS that we have realised just how little an enterprise can do to actually secure iDevices.

I'd much rather have updated our BES and brought in new BlackBerry Smartphones and Playbooks...but management and powerful staff have the final say
    08-14-12 09:30 AM
    Same thing around my end, most people use blackberries, those that don't wish they could, an iPhone is always a second phone, but iPads are the yardstick for tablets, mainly because they're popular, not because most people even use them beyond 20% of what they can do. The PB is pretty much unknown, but several people have bought one after seeing mine in action
    alan510 likes this.
    08-14-12 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD