I'm more concern about the App ecosysetm than the new functionalities of BB10.
    Like I posted in another thread, Blackberry now have 3 app stores, how many developers are willing to develop new and/or update apps for the Playbook app store.

Also, I have stop buying apps from the app store because of the uncertainty of BB10 on the PB. I'm uncertain if the apps that I purchase will be supported down the road if BB10 isn't coming to PB. I am uncertain if I will have to repurchase the apps if BB10 does come to PB.

I'm a big fan of the PB and a BB user for the last 9 years. I help sell over 20 PB to my coworkers and family. As a consumer, Blackberry has not given me any confidence during their product transition period. Without this confidence, it will be more tempting to switch to a different tablet with an established app store which in turn lead to a switch in phones.
    Last edited by DigitalMadness; 02-03-13 at 02:15 PM.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    02-03-13 02:01 PM
    What's new, the PB has always been about waiting. I guess I should be happy that BB10 is coming to the PB but quite frankly, RIM/BlackBerry is an embarrassment if you ask me.
    02-03-13 03:01 PM
    For those following along at home (though it's kind of obvious):

Q1 - January, February, and March
    Q2 - April, May, and June
    Q3 - July, August, and September
    Q4 - October, November, December

According to this, somewhere between Q1 and Q2.

http://www.blackberryos.com/bbos-ima...p-2013-tvi.jpg
    02-03-13 03:41 PM
    Can some clear up whether bridge functionality is lost when I switch to Z10 from 9810? Maybe I misread an earlier post.
    Bridge works. Some bridge features are lost like email, calendar and contacts from your phone. Connecting to the Internet through your phone still works.
    bribert likes this.
    02-03-13 03:41 PM
    I may live in a small town... But futureshop, staples and walmart do not stock playbook anymore. Sent my father in law in for one, fs punk said they weren't going to stock them anymore.
    02-03-13 07:17 PM
    Hmm I've been trying real hard to become a BB supporter. One of those new people they need to attract. I want to support a homegrown company. BB is making this difficult. This just doesn't instill confidence in the BB organization, nor confidence in their support network. If they couldn't have the BB 10 update ready for the PB, after all this time knowing when the BB 10 would be released, what does that say about updates and support if I go through with my plan to purchase a z10?
    02-03-13 07:52 PM
    RIM did not even give a slight hint as to when the BB10 OS will be coming to the playbook for the simple fact that they want playbook owners to entertain buying the new phones. Damn RIM. lol just kidding .
    02-04-13 10:01 AM
    [QUOTE=BB.David;7926449]According to this, somewhere between Q1 and Q2./QUOTE]

Is that Calendar Q, or BBRY Q?
    02-04-13 10:08 AM
    Go figure only took a year to get native e-mail on the god dam thing.
    Well - almost. OS 2.0 came out in February 2012. The PlayBook was released in April 2011.
    02-04-13 10:11 AM
    Some would say that "a few million owners" is a bit generous. I don't know the real number offhand. But I don't see many other PB owners out there beyond my circle of friends and family. Our BB phones are also getting rare here in the US.
    The've shipped two million as of last November and Christmas has happened since. I see tons in my circle of friends and family. Depends on where you are. I was at Pearson Airport the other day and saw a bunch of them in every waiting lobby I passed.

My point is - as my old Statistic Prof would say - don't assume your tiny circle = the same as the world. It's going to vary
    02-04-13 10:17 AM
    [QUOTE=RubberChicken76;7932437]
    According to this, somewhere between Q1 and Q2./QUOTE]

Is that Calendar Q, or BBRY Q?
    That is Calendar Q... As you can see, the road map has BB10 devices in Q1 2013!!!

I'm telling you guys, dev update by the end of the month beginning of March and May for the public BB10 release!!!! The road map has been fairly accurate lately
    02-04-13 10:20 AM
    [QUOTE=QuIcKsIlV3r;7932496]
    That is Calendar Q... As you can see, the road map has BB10 devices in Q1 2013!!!
    Heh - thanks. With the way things have shifted, wanted to confirm. Didn't know how old or new this roadmap was.
    02-04-13 10:53 AM

Didn't know how old or new this roadmap was.
    I believe that roadmap was leaked In July.
    02-04-13 11:30 AM
    I believe that roadmap was leaked In July.
    yup July 3rd when it surfaced, but it's been sticking to the plan so far.
    02-04-13 11:43 AM
    yup July 3rd when it surfaced, but it's been sticking to the plan so far.
    I got my pee pee slapped by the forum mods on BlackBerry's support forums posting a link to the road map (from an external site) in response to someone's question on when exactly the update was due...they got a little touchy...tee he! Whoops.

Your post was removed because contained leaked information. it violates the Community Guideline which you agreed to when you joined

Violations of the Community Guidelines or Terms and Conditions of Use may result in suspension or removal from the Community.

Please help us keep the RIM Community a safe and productive place for all users.

Thank you for your interest and participation in the BlackBerry Community Forums.
    02-04-13 11:58 AM
    Maybe February 31st is the magical date...
    02-04-13 12:40 PM
    They won't release the PB update until the phones launch in the United States. My guess is april or may. This of course is based on no actual research or facts..
    02-04-13 12:44 PM
    I like the smile of his avatar. It matches his answer so well!
    02-04-13 10:02 PM
168 ... 567