Does anyone know how to fix album art on PB? I synced my songs onto the PB from DM but a number of albums did not transfer their associated album art. Is there a way to fix this?
    05-19-11 10:34 PM
    I know it sounds dumb, but have you tried a restart?
    05-19-11 10:44 PM
    Yes, a number of times but the albums still come up blank.
    05-19-11 11:33 PM
    Sometimes, the album cover is not tagged on the song, but only 'linked' instead.
    Try to open the folder song and see if there is any jpg/png picture on the folder. If there is any, try to move that pic to other folder and try playing that song again in ur computer. If the album cover is shown, that means it is tagged. If not, then u should tag it urself. U can try use this program (if u're on Windows) Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
    jafobabe, ab345, kolonji and 2 others like this.
    05-20-11 06:00 AM
    Yep. MP3Tag is the best tool for Windows based MP3 management. Make sure that each MP3 file has the album art embedded in it, as togardergrosse mentioned.
    05-20-11 06:03 AM
    Im trying to do just the opposite. A few of my mp3s have the art, most of them dont. Id like to get rid of the art i have. Cant figure out how to do this!
    05-20-11 07:06 AM
    I use Godfather (I'm assuming its like MP3tag). It lets you attach the album art as metadata to each song file. it also lets you reorganize your library according to tags, edit other tags based on folders, etc.

I've never used MP3Tag so I don't know how they matchup in terms of functionality and options, but Godfather has been a godsend for organizing my music library.
    05-20-11 08:20 AM
    Im trying to do just the opposite. A few of my mp3s have the art, most of them dont. Id like to get rid of the art i have. Cant figure out how to do this!
    MP3Tag will remove the art as well.
    05-20-11 08:47 AM
    Sometimes, the album cover is not tagged on the song, but only 'linked' instead.
    Try to open the folder song and see if there is any jpg/png picture on the folder. If there is any, try to move that pic to other folder and try playing that song again in ur computer. If the album cover is shown, that means it is tagged. If not, then u should tag it urself. U can try use this program (if u're on Windows) Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)
    Thanks, worked great!! I now have a nice display of all my album artwork on my PB music player.
    05-20-11 09:04 AM
    After struggling with this myself ,i have found a way to do it . It may not be elegant but it works.
    Firstly, with your computer ,go onto the internet and find your Album Art. Right click on them and "Save Picture As".
    Using a file manager on your playbook ,I used "Air Browser" go into the music folder. In my case the music files were under Media Sync. At this point each artist has a folder. Open a folder and in it you will find a file called folder.jpg - delete it.
    Next , using your Blackberry Desktop Software , transfer you album art to the same location in your playbook. Before doing that , I cropped and reduced the size of the jpgs to about 10k.
    After you have transferred the file to the proper folder , go back and rename the jpg "folder.jpg" all lowercase.
    Let me know how you make out
    Peter
    dimm0k and BoldWorld like this.
    01-19-12 02:55 PM
    Building on what zampogna said, if you are using itunes you can right click on a song and under Get Info > Arwork (tab) you can just drag and drop the image file into the album folder on your playbook. Then rename it as he said, although you can also use "Folder" and it will work just fine.
    dimm0k likes this.
    01-19-12 05:57 PM
    I use mediamonkey to manage my album art and title names for music files but sometimes in the case of a playbook you might have to put a .jpg of the pictureyou referenced as the album art of a song INSIDE of the music folder
    01-19-12 10:07 PM
    i had same problem and sorted it by creating a play list in my windoss media player that had all the songs i wanted on the playbook,wen thats done go to DM and sync the play list you created it will transfer with all the relevant art..Done
    01-20-12 06:33 AM
    Yep. This is how 7digital put art in a folder of mp3 files.
    BTW, my embedded art comes across ok from iTunes, but does not show art in top bar...
    01-20-12 07:16 AM
    Mp3tag is nice but i just use iTunes. All my free album downloads I just throw in itunes and if iTunes doesnt find the appropriate album art I download the cover image from google and then i tag the album with album art and then just transfer from itunes to my playbook using windows explorer.
    01-20-12 09:58 AM
    Your best bet as mentioned above is to use itunes and physically add album art to each album/song, its your best bet and once done its done for good and your art will show up wherever you sync or copy the music to
    01-20-12 10:20 AM
    After struggling with this myself ,i have found a way to do it . It may not be elegant but it works.
    Firstly, with your computer ,go onto the internet and find your Album Art. Right click on them and "Save Picture As".
    Using a file manager on your playbook ,I used "Air Browser" go into the music folder. In my case the music files were under Media Sync. At this point each artist has a folder. Open a folder and in it you will find a file called folder.jpg - delete it.
    Next , using your Blackberry Desktop Software , transfer you album art to the same location in your playbook. Before doing that , I cropped and reduced the size of the jpgs to about 10k.
    After you have transferred the file to the proper folder , go back and rename the jpg "folder.jpg" all lowercase.
    Peter
    Building on what zampogna said, if you are using itunes you can right click on a song and under Get Info > Arwork (tab) you can just drag and drop the image file into the album folder on your playbook. Then rename it as he said, although you can also use "Folder" and it will work just fine.
    So basically having a folder.jpg inside the album's folder will bring up that image as the album art for the songs within that folder?
    01-20-12 10:28 AM
    Exactly. It's not as thorough as tagging but it'll do the job.
    01-20-12 01:38 PM
    Exactly. It's not as thorough as tagging but it'll do the job.
    Wonderful, exactly what I wanted!
    01-20-12 02:01 PM
    Peter
    Thanks a ton for this. it is actually easy to do directly on the playbook. I do a Google image search for the cover art i want, then i save it to the playbook i copy and past the image from the download folder to the album folder then i rename the image and done all from Airbrowser
    Thanks again
    01-21-12 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD