In previous OS, when flight mode was activated the bluetooth and wifi icons disappeared. When flight mode is activated in OS2 the BT/wifi icons remain, and I can turn wifi on. Does this mean Flight Mode isn't working and the radioes remain active? Is it a bug?

It's a relatively small issue, but I recently had battery drain problems in standby. Somebody recommended using flight mode when it is off and it worked reasonably well. Certainly improved. So I could do with flight mode working!

** I currently have flight mode and wi-fi both switched on. See image.
    02-22-12 05:47 AM
    I would guess that BlackBerry has just made the Playbook work in the same way as their phones, in that the flight mode just deactivates the bluetooth and wifi, but doesn't make them inaccessible.

Si
    02-22-12 05:54 AM
    Since many flights offer wifi now, I would think that disabling wifi during airplane mode would be a thing of the past.
    02-22-12 06:16 AM
    I thought that the Airplane Mode in OS1 only shut off your WiFi and BT. You were still able to turn them on if you wanted to. It just made it "easier" to turn them off even though I thought it was useless since you can tap the icon on the top and do the same thing.
    02-22-12 06:20 AM
    Thanks all. The replies in previous thread about battery consumption said that the radioes (wi-fi and BT, particularly wi-fi) will still poll for networks when wi-fi is 'off' but putting it into Airplane mode stops that and therefore saves power. I tried it and it worked. I got it down to 1% per 4 hours. However now it is back to old tricks of 1% per 2 hours standby.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-stanby-692908
    02-23-12 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD