Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this , but most of my android sideloaded apps do not work anymore or are extremely slow to load

any ideas why?

Thanks
    04-23-12 11:13 AM
    i am not experiencing this issue.
    anyone else?
    04-23-12 11:16 AM
    Maybe I have to reload ? something not right with this update and android converted apps.
    Unless i'm the only one with the issue
    04-23-12 11:18 AM
    Mine seem to run fine. I only have a few.

You refer specifically to sideloaded ones. Do you have any from AppWorld? If so, do they run OK?
    04-23-12 11:19 AM
    The NY Times sideload stopped working on 2.0.1 -- it worked terrific before the update. Reinstalling, etc., doesn't help. So while I don't have any idea why, something has changed in 2.0.1 vis a vis sideloads, even if it doesn't affect all sideloaded apps. It would, of course, have to affect the one sideloaded app I use(d) on a daily basis.

Edit: I should also mention that the Pandora sideload is now a bit dodgy or slow after the update to 2.0.1.
    04-23-12 11:28 AM
    I can confirm that NY times no longer works, which is very annoying. I would not have thought that updates make working apps useless.
    04-23-12 11:46 AM
    Yay even found a better way for me....idea for this came from http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-0-0-a-718620/

upgraded to latest os 2 version (normal procedure)
    then take the sys.android.bar from the OS 2.0.0.7971 package and deployed this bar through bbh tool.
    Reboot device
    et voila, old android runtime is working again with the whole new os release (new browser and stuff)

I just want the 2.0.0.56 runtime because my girl wants to play big business (converted android app) and it starts with new version but when you want to control anything, nothing works the screen gets darker and this was it -> with version 2.0.0.56 no problem.

Just want to share this with you.
    Use the above quoted method to downgrade to android player v2.0.0.56, and everything will run smooth. I am uploading the sys.android.bar file, be right back.

here you go, 2.0.0.56 sys.android.bar. I loaded with DDPB.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bbvr4qz8hqzkvh7
    Last edited by jiatern; 04-23-12 at 12:17 PM.
    JasW and El Cid like this.
    04-23-12 11:59 AM
    Use the above quoted method to downgrade to android player v2.0.0.56, and everything will run smooth. I am uploading the sys.android.bar file, be right back.

here you go, 2.0.0.56 sys.android.bar. I loaded with DDPB.
    sys.android.bar(2.0.0.7971).rar
    Thanks a bunch for posting wurstsalat's method in this thread, it works great! Had to reboot twice after loading the sys.android.bar file, but everything -- including the NY Times app -- is working as before. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

No thanks at all go to RIM, of course.
    04-24-12 09:34 AM
    just went back to 2.0.0...hope this will be more stable now...
    04-27-12 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD