Not much angst regarding my Playbook. It has been reliable and the OS well thought out. I use the Playbook primarily for impromptu web searches, playing a few games and for viewing email. I recently bought an $18 clone of the Mac mini bluetooth keyboard that works fine for typing although the arrow keys don't work. So I may use it for responding to a few emails or note taking but I prefer my desktop for most work.

I bought the Playbook because it was well made and an inexpensive introduction to tablets. It has served my purposes well but I will not replace it with another tablet. If I require portability, I'll likely turn to a Macbook Air for compatibility with my desktop apps. It's unfortunate that Blackberry is sinking but I have some experience with orphaned devices. There is a box in the basement with several generations of Palm devices including a Palm Centro that is still useful. A Sony Dash sits on my night stand and although underpowered, still manages to stream Netflix reliably. My Nokia N86 is all the phone I need and the camera, with a 28mm lens with autofocus and variable aperture, is quite good for snaps.

So I'll use the Playbook until the battery dies or some other calamity befalls it.
    09-19-13 05:53 PM
    Same deal here.

Amazingly enough there are some good apps that extend the usefulness of the playbook for media play back like kalemsoft and the origami browser makes thing nice. The ability to play flash videos still gets a thumbs up versus the other newer tablets.
    09-19-13 05:57 PM
    Me: "Oh PlayBook!!. PlayBook are we really doomed to never see each other again. Why must you have OS2.1. Why couldn't it be BB10 like my Z10, or Q10 like.. Like a Q5.. or Z30..like ummm like some weird tablet. I mean what is in a PlayBook because you are BlackBerry, my friends see BB10, because I have Z10, I am feeling BB10. Oh at any rate that shouldn't be a thing to keep us apart, should it."

PlayBook: "No, No, it shouldn't, I couldn't say it better myself."

Posted via Z10
    09-19-13 10:07 PM