Anyone know if there will be any bridging issues between PB on BB10 and Bold 9900 on BB7. It is along time till i will get a phone on 10 as my contract is long.
    11-30-12 10:33 AM
    Anyone know if there will be any bridging issues between PB on BB10 and Bold 9900 on BB7. It is along time till i will get a phone on 10 as my contract is long.
    Nobody who knows could possibly say at this point, but I'd be surprised to find any particular problem. The bridge concept is pretty simple, and I would expect it to be easy for them to keep it functional between PB+BB10 and the older phones. No guarantees obviously.
    seamonky likes this.
    11-30-12 11:29 AM
    I think there will be some delay, the exact length of which has not been firmly determined by RIM. RIM must focus on the phone launch, the current bread and butter. If that is trouble free, BB10 on Playbook should not have too long a delay in my opinion. To do so would be a mistake. There are only so many computer operating systems I want to learn. Having the same OS on phone and tablet is an advantage--if RIM waits too long they risk losing sales of both a phone and tablet and they need to grow. While I would like everything at once, that is probably still too risky for RIM, but if all goes well in the first couple of weeks, I think they should be ready to release the PB update within a 2 to 4 weeks max.
    12-15-12 11:13 AM
    I just hope by the spring or summer we are offered some sort of OS update for the Playbook. I love what it does but i think this thing would be a total hot rod with the BB10 features.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-19-12 12:12 AM
    I ran into a BB employee with a prototype BB10 phone. As soon as he realized I was interested in it he put it away. We spoke about BB10 (and RIM in general) and he did answer a couple of my questions. When I asked about BB10 on the Playbook he would not answer me directly but it seemed he did not think it would happen any time soon. He woundn't even confirm the Playbooks would get updated.
    01-16-13 07:03 AM
    I don't know why we aren't looking at the leaked roadmap!! It's been on schedule and there is no reason to think that will change. It clearly says between Q1 and Q2 BB10 will be released for the PB, it also accurately shows the other 2 new phones being released at the launch. The dates are all correct at this point so why don't we believe it??
    01-16-13 07:16 AM
    I ran into a BB employee with a prototype BB10 phone. As soon as he realized I was interested in it he put it away. We spoke about BB10 (and RIM in general) and he did answer a couple of my questions. When I asked about BB10 on the Playbook he would not answer me directly but it seemed he did not think it would happen any time soon. He woundn't even confirm the Playbooks would get updated.
    I've also spoke with a friend of mine at RIM. He's a senior in BB Security. He confirmed BB10 IS coming to PB and said they had not set an exact date for the release.
    01-16-13 07:18 AM
    I've also spoke with a friend of mine at RIM. He's a senior in BB Security. He confirmed BB10 IS coming to PB and said they had not set an exact date for the release.
    With this, my new question would be... "would there be beta versions to test prior to release? " I would assume no comment on that as well.
    01-16-13 08:20 AM
    RIM is putting all its resources into getting BB10 out the door on its phones. My take on it is only when that is done will they look at the Playbook. We all know how RIM has been when it comes to sticking to release dates for the Playbook. If I had to bet I would say the Playbooks will get BB10...at some point after the scheduled release date.
    01-16-13 08:25 AM
    With this, my new question would be... "would there be beta versions to test prior to release? " I would assume no comment on that as well.
    I just sent him an email. I'll see if I can get anything out of him.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-16-13 08:33 AM
    Here is what I got, it's not much news lol. I asked him if there was going to be a beta BB10 for the PB, he said "there will be NO external beta for the PB. " I asked if he knows the release date for BB10 to the playbook and he said " we have been focusing on the BB10 devices, no exact date set for BB10 to PB release yet". He said he will know "soon".
    01-16-13 08:42 AM
    I also asked him ifhe knew when the Z10 willbe available. He said "It will be in stores shortly after the launch event. Very similar to how apple launches iphone"

Funny that he uses apple as an example lol
    01-16-13 08:50 AM
    well as nice s the z1o looks i'm waiting fir the N series
    01-16-13 12:45 PM
38 12