Hi,

I purchased a new playbook already, and would like to buy more for friends and relatives. A couple of questions:

1) If I were to buy a used pb from, say, ebay, what do I need to do to be sure it's not stolen?

2) Are there other things to watch out for in buying a used playbook?

The basic point is that I don't want to buy a used advice that does not work with RIM's ecosystem because it's been flagged etc., and I don't know what to look for to save myself later pain and heartache.

Thnx in advance!
    04-03-12 06:26 PM
    answer are in bold.

Hi,

I purchased a new playbook already, and would like to buy more for friends and relatives. A couple of questions:

1) If I were to buy a used pb from, say, ebay, what do I need to do to be sure it's not stolen?

Make sure the seller has 100% feedback

The basic point is that I don't want to buy a used advice that does not work with RIM's ecosystem because it's been flagged etc., and I don't know what to look for to save myself later pain and heartache.

ask Lot of question till you feel comfortable.

Thnx in advance!
    04-03-12 06:31 PM
    Ebay's buyer protection should cover you if it turns out to be stolen and that fact can be documented.
    04-03-12 08:44 PM
    the answer: DON'T

the pb is cheap enuf for u to purchase new. peace of mind is worth the extra 50$ u might save.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    04-03-12 09:36 PM
    I agree.... buy it new from Blackberry or ShopCrackberry...

There are threads where even a sealed box from Amazon (Good rating seller) was found to be flagged as stolen from RIM. The guy had all receipts and was able to prove to them he bought it, as was then able to register the PB.
    04-03-12 09:50 PM
    I've bought 5 or 6 from Ebay or Amazon & it's been great, but I'm always aware there could be a problem.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-04-12 12:39 AM
    Hi,

Thnx in advance!
    I am looking to sell mine and will put it on ebay tmrw. I bought it new on 2/3 and havent used it since the new ipad came out.
    04-04-12 12:42 AM
    I am looking to sell mine and will put it on ebay tmrw. I bought it new on 2/3 and havent used it since the new ipad came out.
    You might want to check out the MarketPlace here on CB .... no fees!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketplace-f14/
    04-04-12 12:46 AM
    I dont know if this is allowed in the forum, but here is the link for the one I am selling with silicrylic, feather cases and sp installed.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    04-04-12 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD