Need help...I downloaded a ring tone from a web site(can't remember-don't ask) turns out it's from Android. once it was loaded I got the normal promp"Download Complete" with a "x" to dismiss. Once dismissed it keeps poping up ALL DAY. Can anyone tell me how to stop this annoying pop-up?!?!?! Thanks in advance for your help......
    05-25-13 11:55 AM
    Here's a variety of thread captures for choice:

Message Notification Notice

This happens occasionally. Not sure why, but it does. To fix it, go into Messages on your PlayBook (while bridged) and see if any of the messages that show in the left hand pane still show a closed envelope (indicating that the message has not been opened). If none are closed, touch the Message Read/Unread icon (looks like an envelope; it's located just to the right of the red flag icon). This will mark the top message Unread. Then touch it again to mark the message Read. That should clear out the notification on the PlayBook.

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.
    05-25-13 02:05 PM
    ok,,, i have to post my obligitory smart azz response here,,, it's an idroid component, so i'm not surprised it's giving you trouble,,, nothing but headaches when mixing their stuff w/ BB's...
    dphjeff likes this.
    05-25-13 03:19 PM
    ok,,, i have to post my obligitory smart azz response here,,, it's an idroid component, so i'm not surprised it's giving you trouble,,, nothing but headaches when mixing their stuff w/ BB's...
    And here's an obligatory response; it's BlackBerry's implementation of Android that causes the problem. No one with an actual Android device ever experiences this issue because it isn't an Android issue.
    05-27-13 08:24 AM
    And here's an obligatory response; it's BlackBerry's implementation of Android that causes the problem. No one with an actual Android device ever experiences this issue because it isn't an Android issue.
    could be,,, maybe idroid apps work well on idroid devices 'cuz they're used to them stealing your data...
    05-27-13 06:45 PM
    could be,,, maybe idroid apps work well on idroid devices 'cuz they're used to them stealing your data...
    No idea what "idroid" apps or devices are, but if you're talking about Android, yeah the apps generally work pretty great, and no, they generally do NOT steal your data. Unless you're a moron downloading some of the dozens of really crappy ringtone/wallpaper apps, which are most likely laden with spyware, or at the very least adware. Plus, apps can't access other apps data without root, and even on a rooted device, you have to actually give explicit permission to every single app that wants root access, so if you have half a brain cell you'll only give permission to apps you trust, and that you know what they use root for.
    pacoman03 likes this.
    05-28-13 04:04 AM
    No idea what "idroid" apps or devices are, but if you're talking about Android, yeah the apps generally work pretty great, and no, they generally do NOT steal your data. Unless you're a moron downloading some of the dozens of really crappy ringtone/wallpaper apps, which are most likely laden with spyware, or at the very least adware. Plus, apps can't access other apps data without root, and even on a rooted device, you have to actually give explicit permission to every single app that wants root access, so if you have half a brain cell you'll only give permission to apps you trust, and that you know what they use root for.
    that's just my way of referreing to non-BB platforms: i.e. ipple, idroid, giggle, etc...
    05-28-13 06:53 PM