If this is the wrong place to post this, my apologies!

So I just got my playbook today. I've searched the forums, and google, and haven't really found out anything to help my problem.

I'm trying to find good streaming websites, or apps, that will let me watch shows on the playbook, yet I haven't been able to find one that works yet. Veetle tells me I need to download adobe flash, then reload the app... Apparently I have the latest version of flash, and reloading the app does nothing... So I can't do anything with it.

I then tried Sidereel. All I get is either a blank space, a little blue box in the middle of the screen, or a big black box. It says I need Divx player, but apparently I can't install that on the playbook.

Flash is enabled on my browser, so i'm just not sure what to do now. It seems quite a few people are having issues streaming video from websites, though. Do I just keep searching until I find a website that actually works, or?
    TNNurse likes this.
    04-05-12 09:52 PM
    Veetle used to work, but now it tells me that it's not supported on the PB. If sidereel needs the DIVX webplayer, then it's not flash and can't be viewed on PB. Your flash should work, though. Go to comedycentral.com or pbs,org and click on video and see if that video works.
    edit- Veetle works in "simple Browser". You can download it for free in App world. You might need to change the user agent to IE or Firefox in settings.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 04-05-12 at 10:33 PM.
    04-05-12 10:11 PM
    any of the network sites i think work fine (abc, nbc etc) but some of the other big name sites do not work.
    04-05-12 10:13 PM
    Try downloading the free version of Tablet Tv from App world. It has a ton of linked to various sights with video content. If this works for you it also has a paid version. Not sure what's different on the paid app.
    04-06-12 11:13 AM
    What kind of shows are you trying to watch?

I also second Tablet TV on app world (created by CB user SCrid2000). You can have all these channels just a click away.

Free Channels

USA Channels
    Crackle.com
    CBS
    NBC
    FOX
    TBS
    Spike
    FX
    History Channel
    Discovery Channel
    CNN
    Fox News
    MSNBC
    CBS Classics
    NBC Classics
    PBS
    A&E
    CWTV
    VH1
    MTV
    HGTV
    TV Land
    Cartoon Network
    Nickelodeon
    Oxygen
    CSPAN
    CSPAN2
    Animal Planet
    Clicker.com
    TVPC.com
    Nat Geo Channel
    Revision3
    AMC TV

Canadian Channels
    CBC
    Discovery
    CTV
    The Comedy Network
    Global TV
    History
    Treehouse
    MTV
    HGTV
    TVtropolis
    YTV
    BNN
    TSN
    CTV News
    Fashion Television
    eTalk
    MuchMusic

European Channels
    BBC

Other Channels
    Drama Fever

User Submited Content
    Reddit
    Youtube
    Twitvid
    Justin.tv

Not Working
    SyFy
    ESPN
    Hulu
    Comedy Central
    South Park Studios
    City TV
    ABC

Paid Channels

Amazon Prime Video (May or may not work)
    Hulu Plus (not working)
    Netflix (not working)
    ESPN Live
    EpixHD.com
    AT&T U-Verse
    BTN3GO
    MaxGo (Cinemax)
    HBOGO
    MLB
    NBA
    NHL
    NFL
    LiveOnlineFooty

Streaming Services (from your PC)

Playon
    Orb
    Custom URLs (for Apache, TVersity, Ampache, etc.)
    04-06-12 02:05 PM
    Also, I'm in Canada, and that seems to greatly reduce what I can watch online :/

WestCoast, are most of those USA only??
    04-06-12 04:55 PM
    2012 Masters Live

Masters link but it might be done now for the day.
    04-06-12 05:16 PM
    Also, I'm in Canada, and that seems to greatly reduce what I can watch online :/

WestCoast, are most of those USA only??
    In Canada you need to access the programs through the network sites, even then there can be problems. I have found Rogers on demand the best portal to the networks shows. Sometimes a show that will not stream through a network website (CityTV) will work through the Rogers site. You need to create an account for some content. If you have a Rogers cell account, you can use that to setup an account even if you do not have a cable account with Rogers.

Watch TV & Movies Online - Free in Canada! | Rogers Anyplace TV
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-06-12 at 06:30 PM.
    04-06-12 06:27 PM
    Robsteve, what do you mean through the network sites? As opposed to... an app??

Sidereel DID eventually work, I just had to try and try different links.

The shows I watch are mainly family guy, the office, seinfeld, south park... and then spartacus, game of thrones, breaking bad, dexter, etc.

Also, i'll be travelling all over Europe in the near future. I suppose access to these websites changes depending on the country, right?
    04-07-12 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD