Anyone else catch that little jem in the earnings call?

http://www.businessinsider.com/rim-earnings-analysis-2011-6

5:36 What would have done different/better w/r/t PlayBook launch? Most important thing for us is to get platform going, gestated. If you wait, it doesn't get established. 1,500 corporations now, eval under way. Creative Suite for Adobe next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-16-11 at 05:44 PM.
    06-16-11 05:39 PM
    5:36 What would have done different/better w/r/t PlayBook launch? Most important thing for us is to get platform going, gestated. If you wait, it doesn't get established. 1,500 corporations now, eval under way. Creative Suite for Adobe next week. When fast-moving market, do you wait? Or get it going when good entry point? I will tell you, when I meet with very, very senior industry analysts, they say, this is the biggest mismatch in their careers, what's being commented and what's under the covers. Do you wait and not get your story out? Do you walk headlong into competitiveness of media? Maybe very high bar on fit and finish. It's a dilemma and it's inherent. We could have waited. But would it be too late? Have a platform we can run with for a decade.
    im not sure how to read that....if that is something they WANT or something that is going to happen
    06-16-11 05:44 PM
    I have no idea. Interesting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-16-11 05:45 PM
    Unless he means those CS add on apps that they released for iOS a while back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 05:50 PM
    yes i am sure that is what he would mean if anything.
    06-16-11 05:54 PM
    What do the CS add ons do?
    06-16-11 06:03 PM
    I assume it is the CS add-ons that are currently on the iPad, and re listening to the call, it was mentioned that CS is coming next week for PlayBook.
    06-16-11 07:29 PM
    What do the CS add ons do?
    This is 1.0.6 that has been released to developers. I dont think the the update will do anything in and of itself. Instead, it will allow developers to build better apps.
    06-16-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD