Hi all,

I have this really irritating problem. Up until now all apps on my brand new PlayBook have been working great, but this morning I woke up to find my PlayBook running slow, so I closed all open apps. Then when I tried opening adobe and while it opened the browse button, as well as the bar that shows recently viewed files, did not display. I left it open for a long while thinking the app was still loading up, but still nothing. I've since restarted my PlayBook and yet the problem persists.

The weird thing is if I go to file manager and open a pdf from there, the file opens without problems.

Please, how do I get my adobe reader application working again?
    09-27-12 04:30 AM
    Try rebooting the PlayBook. This usually fixes minor problems.
    09-27-12 05:07 AM
    Try rebooting the PlayBook. This usually fixes minor problems.
    Hi Rob,

Following your advice, I restarted my playbook, but that had no effect. I even did a hard reset (volume + and volume - and standby button, all held for 15 seconds), but still the problem remains. I'm staring at the app, open, with no buttons, just an empty blue background, and I have no idea what to do next

I'm really confused. Please, is there anything else I should do?
    09-27-12 07:56 AM
    You may want to call RIM support and see what they suggest.

Are you on a Beta or sideloading apps?

If calling support is not an option and you are not on a beta, do a full backup then a security wipe, followed by a debrick after completing the setup when the security wipe is finished.

After the debrick, restore your backup.
    09-27-12 08:29 AM
    You may want to call RIM support and see what they suggest.

Are you on a Beta or sideloading apps?

If calling support is not an option and you are not on a beta, do a full backup then a security wipe, followed by a debrick after completing the setup when the security wipe is finished.

After the debrick, restore your backup.
    I'm not on a beta or sideloading apps (what's that, by the way?). My playbook is barely a 2 weeks old. I just bought it so I can use it to view documents on the go, type documents, send email, read email, surf the web, and watch movies. I honestly did not think this will happen.

The thing is I'm scared that this is just the beginning of a more serious underlying problem. Hard resetting the playbook should have worked, but yet, nothing. Nothing I do works, and I don't know what else to do. This is frustrating
    09-27-12 08:35 AM
    The thing is I'm scared that this is just the beginning of a more serious underlying problem. Hard resetting the playbook should have worked, but yet, nothing. Nothing I do works, and I don't know what else to do. This is frustrating
    Do all PDF documents cause the same behaviour with the BlackBerry PlayBook Adobe Reader? Did it ever work properly? A last resort might be backing up the contents (documents, photographs, ebooks, etc.) except applications and perform the "debrick procedure." Also, what version of BlackBerry Tablet OS is currently installed on the tablet?
    09-27-12 09:38 AM
    I also would call Rim but before doing that, BACK UP all of your unique data. I prefer MANUAL back up using drag/drop from Win Explorer but you can also use Desktop Software. They may have you do a reinstall and you will want to backup.
    09-27-12 09:45 AM
    If I were you, for now I would do nothing. Adobe reader has two parts, the browser part and the reader part (thus when you choose a file from the browser part a new window opens with the PDF showing in the reader part). It seems that your browser part somehow got corrupted and thus is not functioning properly. Everyone here is expecting OS 2.1 to drop sometime soon, and when it does come it will likely fix your problem since a new OS is installed along with all the core apps, including Adobe Reader. Until then, you can just launch PDFs using the stock file browser, which as you said, still works for launching PDFs. The only thing you'll be missing is the recent Docs menu in Adobe, and to go through a full backup and restore simply to get this menu back, for what may be only a couple of days or so, seems to me not to be worth the effort.
    09-27-12 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD