I have been trying to figure out how to add words to the dictionary. Am I missing something here? Should be so simple.

Can anyone advise?
    02-19-13 05:25 PM
    I'm not sure but I've noticed words that I type that are initially not in the dictionary show up in later typing including "MISTAKES."
    02-19-13 06:11 PM
    I'm not sure but I've noticed words that I type that are initially not in the dictionary show up in later typing including "MISTAKES."
    Thanks for responding F2. I have found that when you press the underlined word it shows up in the pop up above the keyboard with a + sign next to it. So I pressed that thinking it would add it to the dictionary. Sadly no. Type the word again and it still shows as underlined. Maybe its a bug in the software?
    02-19-13 06:19 PM
    some times if you press the underlined word it will have options for you to change it to one of the given correction words or hit the + to add the word to your dictionary, if it is the word that you actually wanted. I say sometimes because I cannot replicate it consistantly. When /if I can replicate consistantly I will repost.
    EDIT*
    Just found the dictionary under, settings, language and input, spell check. Your personal dictionary is there for you to edit.

CB10 App, Z10
    02-19-13 06:27 PM
    some times if you press the underlined word it will have options for you to change it to one of the given correction words or hit the + to add the word to your dictionary, if it is the word that you actually wanted. I say sometimes because I cannot replicate it consistantly. When /if I can replicate consistantly I will repost.
    EDIT*
    Just found the dictionary under, settings, language and input, spell check. Your personal dictionary is there for you to edit.

CB10 App, Z10
    Are you talking about the pb? Under LANGUAGE, I only see dropdowns for Current language and Country/region. Nothing about a Dictionary.
    02-19-13 07:01 PM
    Not PB. In 'languages and input' in the settings menu. Scroll to 'Text input' and hit 'spell check'
    There is a button that says 'Edit personal dictionary'

CB10 App, Z10
    02-19-13 08:58 PM
    I think that the method used in post No. 3 actually does add the word to the dictionary, because it then shows up in the pop up above the keyboard when next typed.

Why it still underlines the word is a mystery!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 02:38 AM
    Thanks for responding F2. I have found that when you press the underlined word it shows up in the pop up above the keyboard with a + sign next to it. So I pressed that thinking it would add it to the dictionary. Sadly no. Type the word again and it still shows as underlined. Maybe its a bug in the software?
    Press and hold the + and you will get an "Add to Dictionary, Yes/No" dialog box.
    Scotter75 likes this.
    02-20-13 07:18 AM
    Thanks Reschp. I will try that when I get back from work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-20-13 10:09 AM
    Press and hold the + and you will get an "Add to Dictionary, Yes/No" dialog box.
    Yep, worked like a dream. Thank you very much reschp.

Alan.
    02-20-13 11:27 AM