I'd be be very happy if I could find an ad-blocker to remove the ads on webpages.
    04-19-11 08:05 PM
    I haven't been following Firefox's forays into mobile platforms. If anyone would have a blocker, I suspect it would as an ad-on to a Firefox browser. Anyone?
    04-19-11 08:15 PM
    Just turn off Flash...
    howarmat likes this.
    04-19-11 08:21 PM
    yeah turn off flash...sad but true lol
    04-19-11 08:32 PM
    Here's a **** of a money-maker for someone who could throw one together for us and get it into AppWorld if its at all possible! You'd have loads of downloads the second it hit the store.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-19-11 08:55 PM
    yeah turn off flash...sad but true lol
    that's a lousy solution. someone needs to step up to the plate and bring an ad-blocker to the platform, so that we CAN leave Flash enabled.
    04-19-11 09:18 PM
    that's a lousy solution. someone needs to step up to the plate and bring an ad-blocker to the platform, so that we CAN leave Flash enabled.
    I absolutely agree. Flash is a massive feature the PB has going for it. Shutting it off just because of the presence of flash-based web ads seems a bit over kill. Flash adds so much to the device. While apps are few here at the intial launch, go grab some flash games online, watch some Hulu (they haven't blocked access via PB--atleast yet), etc.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-19-11 09:22 PM
    The big selling point of the PB is that it does FLash. For you guys to seriously suggest shutting off seems like you aren't in step with the direction the PB is supposed to go, which is to provide a "full web experience". If you want to turn off Flash, go buy an iPad.
    04-19-11 09:25 PM
    i am not saying you should do it, i agree its ****ty but that is just the truth. you have a small screen and ads will be a pain if you want the "full web experience"
    its kinda the same on android and flash, but the xoom is bigger so its not as big an issue
    04-19-11 09:31 PM
    because of the small screen size, its not difficult to accidentaly click on an ad banner while browsing. I probably clicked on a half a dozen today by accident.
    04-19-11 10:46 PM
    i am not saying you should do it, i agree its ****ty but that is just the truth. you have a small screen and ads will be a pain if you want the "full web experience"
    its kinda the same on android and flash, but the xoom is bigger so its not as big an issue
    Did you purchase a Xoom or the Playbook?
    04-19-11 10:54 PM
    Just turn off Flash...
    Ohhh.. The irony!!!
    04-19-11 10:56 PM
    i dunno about full webpages... i go to gmail on the browser and it doesnt show me the actual desktop version...
    04-19-11 11:02 PM
    Did you purchase a Xoom or the Playbook?
    xoom for now, i have to see what the native email apps are capable of
    04-19-11 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD