I've been looking at Blackberry phones for a few months now. After the demonstration at CES and the upcoming Android app support I decided to go get a Torch 9810 and Playbook. I want to leave Android because of unsupported devices and constant bugs. However, it appears Blackberry pushes their e-mail service and doesn't work with Activesync. My current server (Zarafa) supports z-push and works well enough for my needs. In searching forums/Google I found 2 companies selling services/apps with yearly subscriptions to get Activesync which I don't want to spend money every year to do something the phone should do out of the box. Figured I would do a last attempt post to find out if there is some good upcoming news or existing solution. I want e-mail/calendar/tasks pushed to my phone (Android doesn't do tasks). If not, looks like these devices will be returned. Thanks for any input!
    01-15-12 05:38 PM
    I think I heard from one of the CES videos that activesync will be support on the playbook in Feb. with the new OS2.0. Can anyone else confirm this?
    01-15-12 05:43 PM
    BB has never supported ActiveSync. They have always relied on BES for that kind of OTA syncing.

I don't know about PB OS 2, but RIM has said that the BB10 OS will (finally) support ActiveSync. Or they did back when it was still called "BBX".
    01-15-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD