To be honest, I feel stupid asking this rudimentary question but everything I've tried has not worked thus far.

I'm trying to activate my PlayBook on our BES10.1 corporate server and am using BlackBerry Management Studio, which has been all fine and good: I received a verification of successful creation of an activation password there.
    The problem I'm running into (as far as I can tell) is when I supply our server address for the PlayBook's activation wizard. I'm not sure if it's looking for a fully qualified domain name for our server or not. I've tried every variation on our server's name that I know but the process never successfully reaches our server to complete the activation process.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I'd love to know your thoughts.
    06-19-13 01:25 PM
    To be honest, I feel stupid asking this rudimentary question but everything I've tried has not worked thus far.

I'm trying to activate my PlayBook on our BES10.1 corporate server and am using BlackBerry Management Studio, which has been all fine and good: I received a verification of successful creation of an activation password there.
    The problem I'm running into (as far as I can tell) is when I supply our server address for the PlayBook's activation wizard. I'm not sure if it's looking for a fully qualified domain name for our server or not. I've tried every variation on our server's name that I know but the process never successfully reaches our server to complete the activation process.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I'd love to know your thoughts.
    Please please forgive me but if you read this forum you'll already know I'm stupid but could I please ask you what is a "fully qualified domain name"? Are their trainee domain names, I don't know. Grateful for any enlightenment you can give me.
    06-19-13 01:54 PM
    It is looking for the SRP ID of your Blackberry Device Service. In the bds administration console, look under Blackberry Solution Topology - Blackberry Domain - Component View - Blackberry Device Service - Whatever you named your server. This is where you will find the SRP ID, it will be of the form: S00000000.
    mkelley65 and MisterShark like this.
    06-19-13 02:07 PM
    Ok

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 02:59 PM
    "fully qualified domain name"? Are their trainee domain names, I don't know. Grateful for any enlightenment you can give me.
    Instead of simply using the 'friendly' name of lets say an Exchange server that has been named ExSrv01 you would use its fully qualified domain name of ExSrv01.corp.MegaCorp.com

It is looking for the SRP ID of your Blackberry Device Service. In the bds administration console, look under Blackberry Solution Topology - Blackberry Domain - Component View - Blackberry Device Service - Whatever you named your server. This is where you will find the SRP ID, it will be of the form: S00000000.
    That did it!
    Thanks a million.
    06-19-13 03:09 PM