My messages app on my playbook won't connect and when I go into the options it won't show any of my accounts. Any ideas?
    08-28-12 05:05 PM
    Is your PB Wifi on and green with all bars showing?
    08-28-12 05:10 PM
    Yes and everything is normal. Been this way for a while now.
    08-28-12 05:16 PM
    Ahhh ..... your battery level is looking low ..... plug it into a power source and give it a few minutes and see how you go then.

Although that won't answer lingering issues - do you get the internet readily on the PB?
    08-28-12 05:18 PM
    Yeh its not the battery. It does this on a full charge or not. I've restarted and tried everything I can. Is there any way to delete and then re-add the emails? I can't even get to my messages :/
    08-28-12 05:20 PM
    What version are you running, and did you update recently? Have you tried it without being bridged? Will it let you re-add the email accounts? I had a similar display issue with Contacts after upgrading to Beta 2.1.0.840, and a Security Wipe and re-load fixed it.
    08-28-12 05:21 PM
    Bridged or not I can't access the email accounts. Facebook is connected but that app works fine. I did the update when it became available and it's running 2.0.1.668 now. So I have to wipe all my data? That seems extreme as well as makes me angry that I have to do that and lose my apps and start from scratch.. Grrr
    08-28-12 05:26 PM
    Back up now - you won't lose any data because you can restore the data, you're running official OS.
    08-28-12 05:27 PM
    My apps will have to be reinstalled though, right?
    08-28-12 05:29 PM
    Via PB App World.

Use BB Desktop to backup and then after you've done a Security Wipe and re-installed the OS and any apps that need to be re-installed via PB App World then you can restore the data to your apps.
    08-28-12 05:31 PM
    Bridged or not I can't access the email accounts. Facebook is connected but that app works fine. I did the update when it became available and it's running 2.0.1.668 now. So I have to wipe all my data? That seems extreme as well as makes me angry that I have to do that and lose my apps and start from scratch.. Grrr
    Hmmm...I didn't have my display problem on 2.0.1.668. The image you sent seems to indicate that the Accounts tab is actually greyed out, but maybe that was just the picture. Before wiping, have you tried a forced shutdown (holding volume up, volume down, and power simultaneously)? Are there any new apps, especially sideloaded Android ones that may have impacted it? Any chance it's still under warranty, and RIM Customer Support could help? Did any other setting get inadvertently changed, such as Application Behavior? Just brainstorming here...
    08-28-12 05:32 PM
    I bought it at 3 weeks old. How long is the warranty? 1 year? No side loaded apps at all and the tab isn't "greyed" out just keeps trying to load and never does. I have gone through all the other settings and they seem to be the same and all other apps are running as usual. It's been about a week now.
    08-28-12 05:35 PM
    I had this problem earlier today. I think it may have been a server side issue as for me it's been working now.
    08-28-12 05:40 PM
    Jason, I noticed it was bridged on your first picture. Was that working correctly, and/or are messages appearing correctly on your 9930 stand-alone? BTW, can you check the email settings, or are they non-existent? Mine did get changed on an upgrade, but changing them back fixed that. What's confusing is that it indicates you have messages, but you can't get to them.
    08-28-12 05:41 PM
    Yes they come through on my 9930 as well as I can see them in the bridge messages. And no, I cannot get to the email settings.
    08-28-12 05:45 PM
    Jason - I just noticed the Messages icon is not on your dock. Where did that go? Someone reported in Beta Zone that when they removed certain icons from the dock, those programs stopped working. That may not be the issue - just wondering.
    08-28-12 05:45 PM
    It's not on the dock but is in the 1st row of my applications. Also my wifi will sometimes disconnect and I have to manually reconnect it. Wonder if they're related..
    08-28-12 05:49 PM
    You might try moving it back to the dock, but that's certainly a "Hail Mary". You may be suffering from one of the .668 upgrade gremlins others have experienced. Unfortunately, if you use DM to Backup, and then do a Security Wipe, you won't be able to restore, because .668 was pulled, and instead it will re-load the previous .3xx version. You can't restore to an earlier version. So you need to manually back-up data to your computer, and then re-load apps through App World (which isn't a problem - you'll get a re-install option on those because App World keeps that info through your ID). If I have any other apparently not so brilliant ideas after a margarita, I'll get back to you. Good luck.
    08-28-12 06:04 PM
    After the forced reset it works perfectly thanks!
    08-28-12 07:11 PM
    That's great Jason. Just one of the troubleshooting tricks I've learned following these threads. Regards.
    08-28-12 09:26 PM
    Your running the OS that was pulled for whatever reason. You just may have to wipe. Have you tried deleting the accounts, reboot and add the accounts back?
    08-29-12 03:51 AM
    My battery life was horrible after updating to .668, got much better once I removed my email accounts from the PB.
    08-29-12 12:37 PM
    My battery life was horrible after updating to .668, got much better once I removed my email accounts from the PB.
    Is it possible that the email settings were changed, and it was constantly polling your email accounts, versus some longer interval?
    08-29-12 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD