so basically i accidentally disabled it and now everytime i try to connect my playbook to my pc it connects then disconnects right away

it also doesn't show up as a mapped drive

i have already reinstalled desktop manager and done a hard reset on the playbook but nothing!

does anyone know how to get it back?
    03-03-12 06:59 AM
    Did you shut off the settings in storage and sharing and turned off file sharing?
    03-03-12 07:04 AM
    i dont think so.. all i did was disable an active network in my network and sharing center, turns out it was the playbook.

so it doesnt show up anywhere at all
    03-03-12 07:09 AM
    If it is disabled can you just enable it again?
    03-03-12 07:14 AM
    Best guess would be that when you turned off the network on the PB then enabled it, it set a new IP(DHCP). Check the IP address by going to about, then in the pull down check the IPv4 address(this should be the IP of your PB on your home network). Remap using that IP.

On my home network, in my router settings I set my PB to a static IP, that way every time I reconnect it retains the same IP and my mapped network drive is still valid.
    03-03-12 07:21 AM
    thanks for the input, the problem is that the connection doesn't even come up to allow me to see properties then enable it, it has literally disappeared.

and my IP address is the same, i tried to remap but it can't detect it for some reason
    03-03-12 07:27 AM
    The RIM connection may not be displayed as a Network Connection but the hardware should still be detected. Try this;

- Connect your Playbook with a USB cable.
    - Go to Device Manager.
    - Scroll down to Network Adapters.

You should see Research In Motion Network Device.
    Right click on Research In Motion Network Device and choose Enable.
    03-03-12 08:30 AM
    Best guess would be that when you turned off the network on the PB then enabled it, it set a new IP(DHCP). Check the IP address by going to about, then in the pull down check the IPv4 address(this should be the IP of your PB on your home network). Remap using that IP.

On my home network, in my router settings I set my PB to a static IP, that way every time I reconnect it retains the same IP and my mapped network drive is still valid.
    While diverging from the OP's original question, it could eventually help with that, too, if you could explain how to do that.

How do you do this? I finally got a new router two weeks ago but don't know where/what settings on the router to tweak/change/set to setup a static ip address. While I've done it on the pb, I'd like to know how to do it on the router, too.

And, yes, I do know how to get into the router with 192.168..... and change some stuff (g)
    03-03-12 10:30 AM
    ok so i have done the same thing!!!! did you manage to get it fixed?
    03-27-12 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD