So at the weekend I picked up one of these Visiontek Candyboard Bluetooth Wireless Mini Qwerty Keyboard (900335) (Retail) | Canada Computers

Its a Bluetooth keyboard / trackpad combo about the size of a couple of candy bars. Of course when I bought it I didnt have a playbook in hand, so I tried it out on a couple of other devices. My Windows 7 Laptop (using the included USB Bluetooth dongle) and my PS3. With both devices, the pairing was effortless and incident free.

The trackpad looks a little small, but doesnt take much getting used to. The keyboard took a little more getting used to as the keys are stacked rather than staggered (Q,A and Z are directly above each other and so on..) I had no problems with Bluetooth dropping the connection.

Typing feels like using a slightly large BlackBerry and once you get used to the position of the trackpad you will find yourself thumb typing away like a seasoned expert.

So today, after I had set up my PlayBook it was time to try the Candyboard with it, again no issues with pairing. The keyboard and trackpad are fully supported by the Playbook. Right now my playbook is on the TV stand playing a movie, and I am using the Candyboard to control it remotely.

As an added feature it also has a laser pointer, and if you have cats it will drive them nucking futs...

My 7 year old son thought it was the coolest thing ever until I brought home the Playbook.

In my opinion, the Candybook was $70 well spent.
    04-19-11 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD