Due to an operation recently, my vision is slightly impaired (temporary i hope)

On my ipad I can tap with 3 fingers to zoom in or out EVERYTHING which is a great help right now. I do miss this functionality op my PB (which i use more often).

Is there a way to have such accessibility functionality on my PB also?

NB
    The pinch in/out functionality is known but only work on web pages or pictures and such. I need to be able to zoom everything from home screen to email to settings to...
    Last edited by Daruba; 11-02-11 at 11:58 AM.
    11-02-11 10:26 AM
    Due to an operation recently, my vision is slightly impaired (temporary i hope)

On my ipad I can tap with 3 fingers to zoom in or out which is a great help right now. I do miss this functionality op my PB (which i use more often).

Is there a way to have such functionality on my PB also?
    At the outset, I hope that you return to full vision soon, all the best on the recovery.

There isn't a 3 finger-tap zoom +/- on the PB, but you can use 2- fingers to do the same.

Whatever you want to zoom into (+) you can put 2 fingers on the screen and expand/move/stretch/flare outward.
    To zoom in (-) just use 2 fingers to pinch (or bring the tip of fingers toward each other from an expanded position) on ur PB screen.

Hope this helps !
    Daruba likes this.
    11-02-11 10:55 AM
    At the outset, I hope that you return to full vision soon, all the best on the recovery...
    Thanks man!

Whatever you want to zoom into (+) you can put 2 fingers on the screen and expand/move/stretch/flare outward.
    To zoom in (-) just use 2 fingers to pinch (or bring the tip of fingers toward each other from an expanded position) on ur PB screen...
    That's basic functionality and I'm familiar with that. I meant to zoom in anything such as the home screen, emails, settings, any program...

Thanks anyways!
    11-02-11 11:12 AM
    On some webpages, you can zoom the page by a quick DOUBLE-tap. Another will double tap shrink it back down. Or you can pinch/zoom - grab two imaginary diagonal points and pull apart (does not work in the email app). Reading your reply - I think you've found the limitations unfortunately.

And also - a hopefully, speedy recovery.
    Daruba likes this.
    11-02-11 11:51 AM
    To zoom in (-) just use 2 fingers to pinch (or bring the tip of fingers toward each other from an expanded position) on ur PB screen.

Hope this helps !
    Try that on the home screen.
    12-10-11 08:50 AM
    you can double tap the screen in a lot of case and it zooms in. double tap again and it zooms out
    12-10-11 09:37 AM
    Try that on the home screen.
    Unfortunately, pinch/zoom does not work in all areas of the pb. It does not work on the home screen, nor the Main Options screen, nor the email app or Memo, nor Appworld, etc. I could use it in email - some emails come with small, html fonts.
    12-10-11 10:05 AM
    I wish you a speedy recovery my CB friend. As stated in previous post the two finger pinch to zoom in and out, as well as the double tap only works on certain areas of the PlayBook,
    12-10-11 10:52 AM
    Unfortunately, pinch/zoom does not work in all areas of the pb. It does not work on the home screen, nor the Main Options screen, nor the email app or Memo, nor Appworld, etc. I could use it in email - some emails come with small, html fonts.
    Just noticed that the OP added a note after anindoc left his suggestion.

NB
    The pinch in/out functionality is known but only work on web pages or pictures and such. I need to be able to zoom everything from home screen to email to settings to...
    My mistake, sorry anondoc.

So far this and the inability to bookmark audio/video are the only things that disappoints me with the Playbook.
    12-11-11 08:01 AM
    Just noticed that the OP added a note after anindoc left his suggestion.

My mistake, sorry anondoc.

So far this and the inability to bookmark audio/video are the only things that disappoints me with the Playbook.
    No problem! That' why i made the note to clarify myself.
    12-11-11 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD