will i be able to access network drives with wifi?
    i want to view PDF and other files.
    this would be an important feature for my business.
    03-16-11 03:54 PM
    You can access docs if you put them behind an http server. There will be remote desk top clients. how are you environing your would access your network drives?

will i be able to access network drives with wifi?
    i want to view PDF and other files.
    this would be an important feature for my business.
    03-16-11 04:29 PM
    need to access to NAS and storage on peer to peer.
    can playbook map network drives?
    Last edited by jman; 03-16-11 at 04:44 PM.
    03-16-11 04:37 PM
    need to access to NAS and storage on peer to peer.
    can playbook map network drives?
    I don't think you really meant "peer-to-peer" there, as that refers to something different and unrelated.

For network sharing, little or nothing has been said by RIM. In some videos I've seen an icon labelled something like "PC Sharing" (likely not exactly that... reaching in my memory here) which clearly suggested accessing files on a PC, if not over a network. I know there are signs that Samba support is present in the device, so if they expose that in the UI in some fashion then it's likely about what you'd want.

Note, of course, that no matter what hints we may see in advance, it's entirely up to RIM what they choose to include at launch time. They might leave something out for their own reasons even if technically it could be done. If you don't see it in published, official material, don't count on it being present, at least initially.
    03-16-11 07:06 PM
    i was wondering the same thing. i would like to access my music, docs, photo's, and video's on my networked hard drive. i'll guess we'll have to wait to see.
    03-16-11 08:56 PM
    Another related item: in the webcast today, they mentioned a VPN Mode: "Securely connecting a PlayBook directly to the corporate network".

That doesn't necessarily mean with drive sharing and such, of course, but I believe it's strongly implied.
    03-17-11 07:32 PM
    At 1:30 in this new , you can see the latest Settings menus with one being labelled "File Sharing".
    03-19-11 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD