With the Acase, Can you fold it over to lay your playbook flat?
    08-10-11 07:35 AM
    Yes. Well, almost. The parts that grasp the edge of the PB when closed face out/down when folded back, so when you rest it on a table the top end is propped up about a half inch. So it's not quite flat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 07:46 AM
    Ok, thanks, it just didn't look like it would allow it to fold that way. How about the closing clasps, any fear of it wearing on the top of the playbook?
    Last edited by stesyl; 08-10-11 at 12:57 PM.
    08-10-11 08:59 AM
    I'm going to have to get one of these!
    08-10-11 10:05 AM
    Its awesome. I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and love the case.
    slalom likes this.
    08-10-11 10:37 AM
    Just ordered one from Amazon!
    08-10-11 11:04 AM
    Here is a write up I did about a similar case I got from Amazon.

Click here for blog post

Click here for picture album I posted on photobucket of my case.
    08-10-11 11:38 AM
    I just ordered one.
    stesyl likes this.
    08-10-11 07:47 PM
    Hmm... dark brown or light brown?

Im leaning towards dark...
    01-12-12 02:37 AM
    You cant swipe the swipe from the bottom or the top, its a pretty useless case. You get what you pay for, in this case 8 dollars is about right for this case.
    01-12-12 03:12 AM
    You cant swipe the swipe from the bottom or the top, its a pretty useless case. You get what you pay for, in this case 8 dollars is about right for this case.
    The pics dont show the case as obstructing the bezel?
    01-12-12 05:25 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Brookstone.com has the clip case regularly $39.99 on sale for $14.99 use coupon code "20BUY" at checkout for an additional 20% off plus brookstone does not charge sales tax.

This case is similar to the Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case at amazon.com that is currently out of stock.

Clips on to protect your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, back and front. Colorful Clip Case attaches to your PlayBook tablet for all-over protection wherever you go--and it also functions as a stand. Open it up and use the indented ridge panel to angle your tablet in three different positions for reading, writing or typing. Clip Case's slim style gives your tablet a sleek, professional look.

$14.99 Use coupon code "20BUY" at checkout for an additional 20% off

Clip Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet at Brookstone
    This is exactly what my Acase looks like.
    01-12-12 07:44 AM
    Blackberry Convertible case or Leather Journal case, your choice, $19.95 each, and free shipping from Staples.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-12-12 07:54 AM
    Blackberry Convertible case or Leather Journal case, your choice, $19.95 each, and free shipping from Staples.
    I have read several of your posts recommending OEM cases, so I picked up the Journal case for $19.95 at the local staples a couple days ago... and I cant agree more with you! Cant go wrong with the OEM cases!
    I am now looking for the Convertible case for my new(er) 64G locally, or else will order online.
    Thanks for the recommendation
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-12-12 08:28 AM
    Ditto. I have the OEM convertible case which is just fantastic and just ordered the OEM leather journal case, mainly because it's ~$20; both of these share the protective rubber/silicon receptacle with the appropriate ports and which hug the PB like a glove. A perfect fit and no claws (with no disrespect to those who like them )!
    01-12-12 09:44 AM
    As much as I do like the looks of my OEM convertible case, I prefer being able to have full access to my hdmi, usb and charging ports with the case open or closed like the Acase and my Blurex allow, as well as better access to the volume and power buttons, plus they are less bulky, lighter, cheaper, and come with free shipping and no tax through Amazon.
    01-12-12 10:21 AM
    ...but most of the non-OEM don't say BlackBerry...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-tips-685012/
    01-12-12 10:32 AM
    I have the Acase and it works great. I have no problems with the swipe gestures at all.
    01-12-12 12:04 PM
    ...but most of the non-OEM don't say BlackBerry...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-tips-685012/
    That's why I said that I like the looks of the OEM case, but that is where the advantage ends in my (play)book. Both have their merits and of course is a personal preference, but I sure am glad that we have choices.

BTW, read your blog about the unprotected sides and have seen couple of others comment on the same issue before, but really nothing to protect there, although the PB sides are recessed inside the case do not touch if laid on on a table standing on the sides. I have both cases, but have not taken my PB out of the Blurex since I got it.
    01-12-12 04:38 PM
    As much as I do like the looks of my OEM convertible case, I prefer being able to have full access to my hdmi, usb and charging ports with the case open or closed like the Acase and my Blurex allow, as well as better access to the volume and power buttons, plus they are less bulky, lighter, cheaper, and come with free shipping and no tax through Amazon.
    I was looking for the exact opposite; when the case is closed, I wanted all ports to be hidden away safely and not be exposed to any other objects whether the PB is going to work in my Tumi business case or to play in my Spyder backpack... and these OEM cases handle both work and play equally well
    01-12-12 05:42 PM
    Yep, fully protected from splashes of scotch..., at least the sides...
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-12-12 07:28 PM
    That's why I said that I like the looks of the OEM case, but that is where the advantage ends in my (play)book. Both have their merits and of course is a personal preference, but I sure am glad that we have choices.

BTW, read your blog about the unprotected sides and have seen couple of others comment on the same issue before, but really nothing to protect there, although the PB sides are recessed inside the case do not touch if laid on on a table standing on the sides. I have both cases, but have not taken my PB out of the Blurex since I got it.
    Can you please summarize the main important differences between the Blurex and Acase cases, namely positive and negative points vs each-other that affected why you chose one over the other? I think that would really help with selecting between them.
    01-13-12 02:11 AM
    I prefer the clip cases (Brookstone, Blurex,I-Con) over the Acase. With the clip cases, with it folded back you can rest your index finger underneath the clip while holding the PB in landscape mode. Makes it easier and more comfortable to hold.
    01-13-12 02:29 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD