i am an asian and i have got some problems with the tethering, hope somebody can help
    as the unlimited bb data plan is not offered in my country, so parts of us,bbers, decide to have a 3g plan together with a bis plan(a limited one,eg 50mb) so i am curious about how the tether goes,if it uses bb data or 3g ones?
    and sorry for my poor english
    04-01-11 08:31 PM
    Good question, but i don't think the answer is fully known yet. My understanding with a BES and Bridge will be that it can go through the BB server (maybe not at launch but soon after). I think with a BIS is may go as tethering data, but again its not fully known.
    04-01-11 08:40 PM
    any tethering would eat away at the 50 mb that you have available.
    04-01-11 08:50 PM
    so it comes another suspense?
    then maybe i need to cancel my pre order first
    04-01-11 08:50 PM
    so it comes another suspense?
    then maybe i need to cancel my pre order first
    You need to figure out what you need for your data. If you will have access to Wi-Fi most of the time you should be fine. If you will be using tethering frequently or using it for streaming then you may want to reconsider.
    04-01-11 09:11 PM
    You need to figure out what you need for your data. If you will have access to Wi-Fi most of the time you should be fine. If you will be using tethering frequently or using it for streaming then you may want to reconsider.
    since the reason for me to get the pb is i wanna to use it freely, and i just cant keep spending my time on searching wifi hotspot
    and unluckily there is no app which can turn the bb to wifi hotspot
    so maybe i have to wait for the answers after it is released.
    04-02-11 12:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD