I have a Playbook Tablet. I pretty please and I have a question. Is there any harm to playbook that using while it charging?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    01-11-13 12:32 PM
    No problem, I've done it many times. If you're using the USB charger remember to disconnect before you walk away holding your PB.
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    01-11-13 12:37 PM
    I find it to be a much better experience using it while on the rapid charger rather than the USB one though. Food for thought.
    01-11-13 12:45 PM
    The rapid charger uses the magnetic contact, so it doesn't put the PB at risk of being pulled from your hand.
    01-11-13 01:26 PM
    Magnetic charger IS a must!

Having said that, does anyone find that the "rapid " charger is maybe not as fast charging as the OEM?
    01-11-13 03:21 PM
    Thanks your replies. I have one more question. Can I download "RDM+" freely?

01-11-13 03:21 PM
    Be careful not to damage the USB charging port! RIM, for some reason, decided to make the USB port out metal so flimsy you can read through it. It breaks very easily!
    01-11-13 03:35 PM
    Be careful not to damage the USB charging port! RIM, for some reason, decided to make the USB port out metal so flimsy you can read through it. It breaks very easily!
    Not exactly true. Forcing the plug in upside down will certainly cause damage. It's a different type of micro USB then you see on many other electronics. Be sure the BB logo is facing up when plugging in. Some people use white out or other method to make it easier to see the up side.
    01-11-13 03:57 PM
    Thanks your replies. I have one more question. Can I download "RDM+" freely?

You're free to download it from appworld for $9.99
    01-11-13 04:00 PM
    Not exactly true. Forcing the plug in upside down will certainly cause damage. It's a different type of micro USB then you see on many other electronics. Be sure the BB logo is facing up when plugging in. Some people use white out or other method to make it easier to see the up side.
    True, although the USB charger is very loose in the playbooks that I have, and I get the feeling that putting any lateral force on the port would cause damage. I don't know why RIM built it like that. The port in my 9900 is much more robust.
    01-11-13 04:30 PM
    The plug wiggles around in the port on both PB's I have. They have for more then a year and a half. The PB has a micro AB port and the phones have a micro B. RIM probably should have included a charger that fit better, an adapter or even a warning sticker over the end of the charger. Should be fine as long as its plugged in correctly.
    Attached Thumbnails About Charging Playbook-micro_usb_type_a_b.jpg  
    Last edited by Chaddface; 01-11-13 at 07:22 PM.
    MrRtic likes this.
    01-11-13 04:45 PM
    Magnetic charger IS a must!

Having said that, does anyone find that the "rapid " charger is maybe not as fast charging as the OEM?
    I have never found that. In theory that isn't possible.
    The Rapid charger is faster but not a lot. I think Peter (Battery Guru developer) determined it was about 30 minutes faster doing a full charge if the Playbook is not being used during charge. There is a bigger difference if the Playbook is being used. The Rapid charger charges at the same rate while the OEM charger takes longer.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-11-13 05:44 PM
    If you are using the playbook plugged into the USB charger turn it upside down so the connector points up and you are less likely to damage it. That is until you get your magnetic charger.
    01-11-13 05:51 PM
    Well, I decided to try rotating your image to comport with the pb's and bbphone's orientation but somehow the colors got inverted!

Serves me right for trying to improve on your post!
    I edited the post with the PlayBook USB orientation. For some reason the colors are inverted on the image saved to my phone as well. Strange.
    01-11-13 07:26 PM
    I edited the post with the PlayBook USB orientation. For some reason the colors are inverted on the image saved to my phone as well. Strange.
    Well done (I removed my distorted version)
    01-11-13 07:36 PM