I use the nook app on my android phone to read my own epub files.

Does the PB have an app or a way to read ebook files?
    04-25-11 09:42 PM
    Seriously though. I can't get them to show up in Kobo no matter what I do.
    04-26-11 12:37 AM
    A forum member emailed Kobo and they said they were not offering sideloading of ePub/Mobi files on the Kobo app for Playbook. I e-mailed Amazon to ask when the Kindle app would come out for the Playbook, but they said while it has been announced, there has been no indication they have started programming for the platform.
    Last edited by ImGeorgeous; 04-26-11 at 03:02 AM.
    04-26-11 03:00 AM
    That stinks. The Playbook has the potential, but at the moment it is like a goldmine just waiting to be tapped.
    04-26-11 09:08 AM
    I also contacted Amazon, and they said the Playbook Kindle app should be out shortly, by the end of the year at the latest.

May I suggest converting your ePub files into PDF files in the meantime?
    04-26-11 09:21 AM
    I will never use Kobo if they don't allow side loading of books I already own. When is a damn Nook App coming?? I guess it will be here at least when Android Apps come.
    04-26-11 09:28 AM
    In one of the posts I have offered a solution to this problem. At the moment I can't check how it works on Playbook but on my desktop it works fine.
    "Hi every one. I recently found a website - Orangereader there you can download the file (available formats EPUB | FB2 | MOBI | LIT | DJVU | RTF | DOC | TXT | PDF) and then read it through any browser, even from your smartphone. By default, the buffer stores 10 pages, but in the settings this number can be increased to 500. Unfortunately, you cann't read the books from your device memory. But there is a feedback form, we can ask to write an app there would be ability to download books from the memory."
    04-26-11 10:07 AM
    Thanks for the link. I guess when Android support comes, and the Nook app is imported, then we will have the ability (Hopefully)
    04-26-11 10:12 AM
    Yea, checked out a book from my public library and it is in ePub format and can't get the PB to recognize it. Hopfully this gets solved soon. But noticed this site which may be of use in the interim - Bookworm - Read ePub ebooks online : Bookworm ePub reader
    05-17-11 02:56 PM
    Learn how to convert to non-DRM pdf ebooks and they work like a charm. I have over 200 ebooks in PDF form on my playbook. Graphics are extra sharp and the pages render very quickly considering how large (long) some of the books are!!!!

Type "remove drm from ebooks" in google and spend some time figuring it out.
    05-17-11 03:35 PM
    I learned that, yes, a number of programs to do that. But really, ePub is a very popular format for e publishing and I think that the PB should be able to instantly load these books without having to convert to pdf. But I have confidence in RIM that this will be added shortly, it's a no-brainer really.
    05-17-11 04:33 PM
    I learned that, yes, a number of programs to do that. But really, ePub is a very popular format for e publishing and I think that the PB should be able to instantly load these books without having to convert to pdf. But I have confidence in RIM that this will be added shortly, it's a no-brainer really.
    I agree Teafor and they need to pick up the pace too or people are going to start hitting the cognitive dissonance barrier and will start returning/selling these things. As for now it seems only pdf works "well"
    05-17-11 05:10 PM
    I also contacted Amazon, and they said the Playbook Kindle app should be out shortly, by the end of the year at the latest.

By the end of the year at the latest is not "shortly".
    05-17-11 05:16 PM
    Learn how to convert to non-DRM pdf ebooks and they work like a charm. I have over 200 ebooks in PDF form on my playbook. Graphics are extra sharp and the pages render very quickly considering how large (long) some of the books are!!!!

Type "remove drm from ebooks" in google and spend some time figuring it out.
    i have many texts in pdf format, which was actually one of the reasons i bought pb. unfortunately, adobe version on pb has problems with a good number of them. it displays about 9 or 10 pages and the rest are all blank. while it shows the correct number of pages, it cannot handle the content.

rim tech support says it is a known problem and they working to resolve it. when ??? they claim it is the limitation of buffering. course, it is a problem. but something else must be going on, as it is a problem that effects about half of my files. the other half can be read fully.

so, can you please share what setting have you used when converting your files to pdf format. tia
    06-01-11 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD