I was trying to watch videos on abc.com while bridged, I got an error message on the video player stating it seems you are accessing video from outside the United states, and I have to be within the US to watch, i'm in New York. anyone else get this?
    10-03-11 12:54 PM
    Try using the regular browser and see if it works. The Bridge browser goes through the BlackBerry servers in Canada. The regular browser should just use the normal data plan on your phone.
    Superfly_FR and san4berry like this.
    10-03-11 12:57 PM
    well, I thought I did. I bridged myself and clicked on the regular browser icon, but the bridge browser opened up. will look into this.
    10-03-11 01:13 PM
    Most videos in the US will not play through the bridge function. This is because, as we know, the data is processed through Canada so the site thinks we are in Canada.

May I request from some of our Canadian friends, where would you go to access videos? Is there a way to watch US shows over the internet in Canada?
    10-03-11 01:26 PM

May I request from some of our Canadian friends, where would you go to access videos? Is there a way to watch US shows over the internet in Canada?
    You just need to go to the web site of the Canadian network that is airing the show. I haven't tried any lately, but when the PlayBook first came out, the videos would play and then a week or so later they stopped working and you would just get the advertisement and then nothing.

Here are a couple if you want to give them a try.

Citytv Video Portal Home

CTV Video | Watch Online TV | SYTYCD | FlashPoint | MasterChef -
    10-03-11 01:51 PM
    Often, US content can not be viewed from Canada ... ABC being a prime example. Typically one would connect through a proxy server in order to hide / mask our Canadian IP address (procedure for a desktop / laptop computer) in order to access US content ( video on demand, TV shoes, etc..). I have not yet tried the PB via a proxy server ........ can anyone add to this ?? Successful / unsuccessful ... if positive, please provide a step by step guide if at all possible. Thanks.
    10-03-11 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD