hello every,
    first off, i dont know if this is the right place to post this or not. If not, im sorry.

Heres my situation, i got a 9900 yesterday, come home connected it to playbook hoped on internet to only get some tmo website. This website says my tethering has been disabled and i need to signup for hotspot. I never had to do that with my 9700, is there any work arounds on this?
    02-19-12 09:33 AM
    Use Bridge?
    02-19-12 09:35 AM
    Bridge works, but the tether option doenst. one the problems i have with just bridging is that not everything works.
    02-19-12 09:38 AM
    Well, then it's likely a carrier issue. You should check with TMO. I think they only allow tether/hotspot on high capacity plans.
    02-19-12 09:42 AM
    Try using the regular browser instead of the bridge browser.
    02-19-12 11:29 AM
    hello every,
    first off, i dont know if this is the right place to post this or not. If not, im sorry.

Heres my situation, i got a 9900 yesterday, come home connected it to playbook hoped on internet to only get some tmo website. This website says my tethering has been disabled and i need to signup for hotspot. I never had to do that with my 9700, is there any work arounds on this?
    I have TMO, a 9900 and a 5GB data plan. I just tethered my PB. Did the tethering screen give you a list of carriers to choose from? If not, what is your data plan?
    02-19-12 11:39 AM
    I have TMo as well and a 9900. I would call and check with customer service. I got free tethering with my 5GB plan.
    02-19-12 12:31 PM
    Same here. My 9900 tethers with no problem. I have a 2G plan with T-Mobile.
    02-19-12 12:35 PM
    I would contact T -Mobile and explain the problem. It likely they need to send some setting to you phone or unlock your tethering or something like that. Unlikely to be a PB issue.
    02-19-12 03:53 PM
    I never tether with mine. I just let the Bridge connect and everything works fine through my phone. As long as the phone has internet, the PB has internet.
    02-19-12 06:09 PM
    I never tether with mine. I just let the Bridge connect and everything works fine through my phone. As long as the phone has internet, the PB has internet.
    Some apps don't connect over the bridge. Curiously App World is one of them. The default weather app may be another one - I don't remember for sure.
    02-19-12 06:34 PM
    Some apps don't connect over the bridge. Curiously App World is one of them. The default weather app may be another one - I don't remember for sure.
    Yeah, I've noticed the App World issue... Thanks for the heads up....
    02-19-12 07:18 PM
    The 9900 comes with wifi hotspot? Have you tried that yet? Is it a new thing in the tmo contracts? I'll harass the tmo guys next to my work tomorrow.
    02-19-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD