Hello Forums,

Simply put, I had placed a password on my Playbook when I first got it and realized I don't like using the password so i disabled it.

One day, it randomly prompted me for my password, which I cannot recall at ALL. I have not done a backup for a really really long time and there is a lot of pictures and videos stored on this device.

What are my options? Also I am at 9/10 tries and I really want to get into my playbook and save my things if possible....Please help! I am open to anything......
    08-08-12 08:27 PM
    Remember your password, otherwise you're pretty much out of luck.

The security feature is there so that if someone picks up your playbook, they have 10 tries and ONLY 10 tries to get in. No secret way around it. No "Forgot your password" option or "Reset your password" option.

Thats the power of Blackberry.

Just to make sure. It's your playbook right? You didn't swap playbooks with someone else in the house or with a friend?
    Also check to make sure cap locks is off? Did you type slowly to make sure the touchscreen isn't registering the wrong keys?
    08-08-12 08:32 PM
    Yeah there is only one playbook in my household and I am the only one with access to it.

I personally use only a set of passwords.... and I typed them all slowly and I was aware of CAPS lock as well..... There is of course an off chance I missed an old password...

Is there any dev mode I can use? Any hack? I have the Serial Number from the purchased box, I mean it's not like a stranger can find this number... BlackBerry should let you override the password if you have the Serial Number....

Again, Is there anything I can do? I have a lot of baby pictures of my cousin and I cant bare to see them go
    08-08-12 08:39 PM
    I had the same issue awhile back.. Is it prompting you to type in "blackberry"? To where your password would go? If so, type it in.. I had to do it, and nothing went wrong, didn't lose anything.. And the problem hasn't happened again.. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes..
    08-08-12 08:55 PM
    Yes, that has happened to me too. The dialog box asked me to type the word "blackberry" and I did not notice that they did not want my password until my 8th try and near panic.

Once I paid attention to exactly what I should type and I entered correctly, I was fine.

Check your dialog message where you are asked to type in.

Strange. What kind of login security is where they tell you exactly what to type?
    08-08-12 11:18 PM
    sounds really risky but at this point i have no other choice..

I'm stuck at 9/10 and it is prompting me to type in 'blackberry'....i will let you know what happens once i get home and find out. I hope it works and everything is saved. Wish me luck!
    08-09-12 05:30 PM
    Good luck (10 characters)
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-09-12 08:08 PM
    Good luck (10 characters)
    I see what you did there......
    08-09-12 08:40 PM
    sounds really risky but at this point i have no other choice..

I'm stuck at 9/10 and it is prompting me to type in 'blackberry'....i will let you know what happens once i get home and find out. I hope it works and everything is saved. Wish me luck!
    The suspense is killing me. It feels like an episode of 24 hours.

Good luck, Mr. Bauer !
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 08-09-12 at 11:40 PM.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    08-09-12 11:35 PM
    Yeah there is only one playbook in my household and I am the only one with access to it.

I personally use only a set of passwords.... and I typed them all slowly and I was aware of CAPS lock as well..... There is of course an off chance I missed an old password...

Is there any dev mode I can use? Any hack? I have the Serial Number from the purchased box, I mean it's not like a stranger can find this number... BlackBerry should let you override the password if you have the Serial Number....

Again, Is there anything I can do? I have a lot of baby pictures of my cousin and I cant bare to see them go
    RIM expects you to remember your password. If you can't, that's your problem, not RIMs. I appreciate that there is no backdoor to bypass the password.
    esk369 likes this.
    08-10-12 12:50 AM
    Haha your checkmate!! If someone does manage to give you a way out of this - Watch the entire RIMPIRE come down!!
    08-10-12 01:01 AM
    There is a way...

...not to forget the password...
    08-10-12 01:46 AM
    Just dont set a password ?
    08-10-12 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD