Just thought I would put this out there for anyone who may need a tripod for their playbook. To me, recording videos seemed a bit shaky so I looked around for a tripod and mount. I wanted to find something that was compact without breaking the bank. There seems to be a lack of accessories like this for the playbook so I bought a cheap alternative and after about 60 seconds converted it to use with my playbook. And for only $8 I figured I couldn't really lose too much. I was designed to be a tripod for a phone but with some minor alteration got this. I bought the tripod here:

Amazon.com: Cosmos � Black Mini portable 2-way Tripod Stand for Tablet PC/Mobile phone DIGITAL CAMERA iPhone 4 3G 3GS Touch iPod iPad iPad 2 ipad2 Motorola Xoom Blackberry Playbook Samsung Galaxy TAB HTC EVO 4G Flyer+ Cosmos cable tie: Electronics

I took the little screws out of the bottom of the phone holder and turned the piece around and put it back together backwards. (be careful not to let the little pieces and springs go flying across the room!) With the addition of a rubber band (I used an orange one just so you could easily see how I had it wrapped around) I now have a tripod to steady the playbook when shooting a video! It can also be used as a tablet stand for reading or whatever.

Please let me know what you think. I know it's not professional but it works and for $8 works rather well for both stand and tripod. By the way you can adjust the angle of the stand and tripod.
    03-10-12 06:04 PM
    Very cool and very innovative. Great suggestion.
    03-10-12 06:09 PM
    Great idea. I will look into this for sure.
    03-10-12 06:15 PM
    Necessity is, indeed, the mother of invention.
    03-10-12 06:22 PM
    Well done OP! Nice Tripod..
    03-10-12 06:23 PM
    Nicely done!
    Love those commercials!
    03-10-12 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD