THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

But seriously I am loving this size. I always hated how there is no good way to hold an iPad plus it gets heavy. This this 7" screen you can "palm" it while in portrait and in landscape you can reach the middle of the screen with your thumbs making typing easy.

7">10"
    04-20-11 12:58 PM
    totally agree. 7" screen is perfect for me. i couldnt use a 10 tablet
    04-20-11 01:03 PM
    Giggggity!
    04-20-11 01:03 PM
    No one wants something 2" the size of a pencil and in the same respect no one wants something 10" the size of your forearm...7" is perfect ;-)
    04-20-11 01:05 PM
    Yep, I played with a xoom and with my bad wrists it didn't take long at all for my hands to start hurting.
    04-20-11 01:05 PM
    She may "use" the PB. But she "dreams" about that Ipad 2.
    04-20-11 01:06 PM
    I enjoy the size of the PlayBook more than what I initially thought I would. I was worried 7" might not quite be enough, but it's been no problem. Also love how light and portable it is. I've thrown it in my bag today for work/university and its the perfect size for dragging along with you. Its the same size as a DVD case I have in the bag but even thinner! My friends with iPads rarely take them out of the house. I'm not sure if this is particular to how they use them or what is of issue, but I cannot imagine I'd be carrying a iPad around with me as much as I will this PlayBook.
    04-20-11 01:11 PM
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

But seriously I am loving this size. I always hated how there is no good way to hold an iPad plus it gets heavy. This this 7" screen you can "palm" it while in portrait and in landscape you can reach the middle of the screen with your thumbs making typing easy.

7">10"
    yayyy i get to use my picture!

Machzy likes this.
    04-20-11 01:15 PM
    If it was any larger it would be difficult to hold the device and type on the keyboard using both hands. I think some people with small hands may even find it a tiny bit of a stretch to hold the device with both hands and type with both hands as their thumbs need to be able to comfortable reach the center of the keypad, while still holding the tablet firmly.

If your fingers are long enough, you should be able to comfortably grip the Playbook with both hands and the bezel should be resting in the palm of your hands, not your fingers. Your right thumb should be able to hit the "h" key and your left thumb should be able to hit the "g" key without difficult.
    04-20-11 01:20 PM
    One problem with the small screen is that currently the designers didn't use large enough icons to (x) close. The finger area is too small to push easily
    04-20-11 01:27 PM
    I agree 7'' is perfect. It's a much better form factor in my opinion than my iPad.
    04-20-11 01:30 PM
    ditto - happy and actually impressed with the size, quality and portability.

AR
    04-20-11 01:34 PM
    I knew the PlayBook was small just from all the coverage it got on CrackBerry but when I first opened it that's when it really hit me, "damn this S*** really is tiny". After using it I now love the 7 inch screen. To me it's perfect cause it's larger than my Storm2 but small enough to carry without it being a hassle.
    04-20-11 01:45 PM
    I agree. 7" is absolutely perfect. I was worried that typing in landscape would be hard but it's actually really easy and doesn't take much getting used to, besides, of course, the tactical response from the keys but I think the tapping sound helps a lot. I'll never understand how some people type with they iPads while having it completely muted.

Reading books in portrait is absolutely fantastic. So easy to hold in one hand and the letters are so crisp and the backlight is so well done that everything just feels very natural. Really liking my PlayBook so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 02:00 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I'm a woman and welll..........

Ok, but I love my 7" Playbook! It is perfect and it easily fits in a normal sized purse.
    04-20-11 02:09 PM
    One problem with the small screen is that currently the designers didn't use large enough icons to (x) close. The finger area is too small to push easily
    Just swipe up to close, no need to use the button at all.
    04-20-11 02:22 PM
    How do you swipe up to close? from the bottom frame to upper frame? I try it dun work.
    04-20-11 02:48 PM
    How do you swipe up to close? from the bottom frame to upper frame? I try it dun work.
    When you have the window minimized just swipe up on the app to close it.

(Example you open a calculator and browser, swipe from the bottom bezel to "minimize" window so you can see both. Swipe up on any of the two apps to close it instead of selecting the X)
    04-20-11 02:57 PM
    lol, I've seen this thread throughout the day and it seems to me that this should be RIM's new motto for the Playbook...awesome
    04-20-11 03:10 PM
    Just in case you didn't know, you can also "swipe up" on the minimized app to close it. I agree the X is too small though... possibly will be tweaked in later revs.
    04-20-11 03:17 PM
    after you pull up the home screen pretend you are throwing the app you are trying to close off the top of the screen.
    04-20-11 04:15 PM
    Thank you. Life just got easier.
    04-20-11 04:15 PM
    I LOOOOOVE this size. My boyfriend has an iPad and I can't use the stupid think 1 handed like I can with my PB! It's perfect for me!!
    04-20-11 04:17 PM
    I LOOOOOVE this size. My boyfriend has an iPad and I can't use the stupid think 1 handed like I can with my PB! It's perfect for me!!
    So, 7" inches is perfect for you?
    04-20-11 05:15 PM
    So, 7" inches is perfect for you?
    this guy's first post... lol
    04-20-11 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD