Best Buy Kissimmee & Davenport sold out of ALL PB, some were showing in stock but were not in warehouse!
    Special prices were not orderable from store at all; were told that 64GB showing discontinued (if anyone got one for $229 well done!).
    Got last 2 16GB from Lakeland Best Buy for $199 and setting them up right now; a good enough deal at that price for me!
    Guess U didn't read my post a page earlier. All 64GB Playbook had been sold out in Central Florida best buys. The customer service rep said its been sold since they opened. Maybe had a couple of their bigger stores only had 1-2 left but those sold immediately when stores opened.
    11-20-11 06:01 PM
    Sad I missed out on this one but did just got an alert that Buy.com dropped prices by $300. They have 32gb for $299 and 64 gb at $399 45 day return period for the holidays so might be a good option to have something guaranteed and then see what happens with BB later this week. I took the plunge on the 32gb.

HTH
    11-20-11 06:18 PM
    If you are in Jersey, the first store from my previous post is the Union location. The RIM rep was calling in to his manager to confirm the price. None, and I mean none of the reps in the store even knew about the $229 64G price. They eventually removed all the posting before I moved on to the Vauxhall location.

I didn't even know about any sales until I walked in there to return the fire.

Again, I have a store kiosk receipt so I hope it certainly goes through. The rep told me I could order from the kiosk since the 64G was not in her computer. I printed the receipt and came home.

I just now received an email stating that my order is back-ordered but certainly no cancellation, yet.
    11-20-11 06:26 PM
    I saw this post after going to Church today and I figured they would be all sold out at Best Buy in Greensboro, NC. I got there at about 5pm and they were sold out of the 64g, but had at least one 32g for $299 and approx. 3 - 16g playbooks. The price tag on the display unit actually listed the 64g price at $229. I grabbed a 16g for $199, but I will wait and see if they get the 64g in soon. If they do, i will do an exchange.
    Last edited by 9thfloormaniac; 11-20-11 at 06:50 PM. Reason: edit
    11-20-11 06:46 PM
    I saw this post after going to Church today and I figured they would be all sold out at Best Buy in Greensboro, NC. I got there at about 5pm and they were sold out of the 64g, but had at least one 32g for $299 and approx. 3 - 16g playbooks. The price tag on the display unit actually listed the 64g price at $229. I grabbed a 16g for $199, but I will wait and see if they get the 64g in soon. If they do, i will do an exchange.
    Your reward for going to Church instead of Crackberry and Best Buy?
    Congrats!

No, keep my share in.

You got it - hit me up with your sell order when you feel it's time.
    11-20-11 06:57 PM
    ordered mine around 5am for in store pickup in jacksonville..went in picked up my 16g for 199 no problem..even took the pic below with it edit:they were out of 64gs as well but said they had about 5 in transit, if so i will be swapping mine out..lol
    Last edited by YaBoi410; 11-20-11 at 07:06 PM.
    11-20-11 06:59 PM
    I saw the OP too late, as well. I had checked the in-store stock status of the Central Florida locations on the 32gb & 64gb at Best Buy when the Texas folks were getting the 64gb in-store for $199. At that time the 32gb was unavailable at all Central Florida locations, and the only store listing the 64gb as being available was the Florida Mall location. I had called and was told the price of the 64gb was $699.

Hopefully, the 64gb will show back at Best Buy online on Wednesday, as others have indicated. If not, I have a 32gb ordered from Wal-Mart, in case the possible Best Buy deal or the Staples deal fall through. Never hurts to have a back-up plan with a liberal return policy...
    11-20-11 07:13 PM
    I just typed out a super long post and went to a new page to read an article, went back and the iPhone decided to refresh the page and erased everything!!!!! Arghh..

I was about to it out again but you know what screw that I'm gonna wait till I get on my desktop at home.
    11-20-11 09:46 PM
    We aren't price matching or selling 64gb PlayBooks for the $229.99 price.
    We are selling the 16gb models for $199.99, 32gb for $299.99 and the 64gb models for $399.99.
    It was a error, according to Best Buy's policies as stated on the website;
    "Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Best Buy will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Individual bank policies will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it in accordance with Best Buy's Return Policy."
    Sorry, I was going to get another one.
    11-20-11 09:54 PM
    ...well then
    11-20-11 11:02 PM
    So it looks like what might've happened is that they oversold the 64gb units, maybe cancelling those with later orders? (edit: this is just my speculation)

I went through a similar experience in Oct. when Disney released these limited edition designer princess dolls.. the whole thing was 10 dolls released every Monday through Oct. 24, but by the 5th week the whole thing bLew up and disneystore.com was crashed multiple times. My 3rd order was cancelled because it was oversold, so do to the popularity (and drama) (so many furious customers), Disney decided to release all the 5 remaining dolls in 2 days, first day in store, 2nd online.. which of course led to more site crashes and site closures, took me 45 minutes to add the dolls in the cart and check out. But anyways that's what I'm guessing happened with 64gig, and what I forsee happening on Staples.com come black friday.

And on the pricing mistake, it's kinda weird from all the purchasing reports people are posting, some say it was a mistake, some customer service reps saying that's what the price was.. and I remembered back to when we first got our Ps3 how the bundle with the higher gb was cheaper than the lower ones, it was boggling but the sales associate told us it was cause they were clearing out all the ones that were backwards compatible. So hmm.. never know!
    Last edited by msmara; 11-20-11 at 11:27 PM.
    vgwillm likes this.
    11-20-11 11:25 PM
    I got one at $229 around 2 am pacific. When I woke up, I got a back ordered email.

However, I don't see what is the point of a tablet. I might cancel my order or just refund it because I don't know what to do with it.

@blackjack why do you keep suggesting or hinting that the pb will be discontinued? I don't buy it. Just because some distributors are dumping the pb (possibly due to terrible sales?) doesn't mean that it is going to be discontinued. I don't trust these "sales associates" just like how I wouldn't go to an ATT store to get the latest BB news.
    11-21-11 12:36 AM
    I really think the PB will be $99 Black Friday.
    11-21-11 02:00 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    These prices are unbelievable!! ... good for new PB buyers ... great price on a great product!!! ... 2.0 software upgrade will make the Playbook even that much more compelling ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 03:45 AM
    ordered mine around 5am for in store pickup in jacksonville..went in picked up my 16g for 199 no problem..even took the pic below with it edit:they were out of 64gs as well but said they had about 5 in transit, if so i will be swapping mine out..lol
    Why buy the 16GB BBPB if you really want the 64GB BBPB and intend to return the 16GB BBPB? Instant gratification, much? At these prices you can own both and still pay less than the April release pricing.
    11-21-11 04:00 AM
    It won't be.
    At least at Best Buy.
    11-21-11 05:14 AM
    It won't be.
    At least at Best Buy.
    Ok then. I'll jump on the $199 when I see ot again. Thanks.
    11-21-11 07:09 AM
    Just got my shipment notification

BlackBerry-PlayBook Tablet with 64GB Memory-38548-003
    SKU: 2387041

Hoping to have it in time for the holiday weekend!
    11-21-11 03:23 PM

i think those who are waiting for theirs to ship will appreciate if you could share what time you placed your order
    msmara likes this.
    11-21-11 03:25 PM
    i think those who are waiting for theirs to ship will appreciate if you could share what time you placed your order
    Placed my order a couple minutes before this thread started 11/19 11pm PT (I am the OP)

My order # starts with "BBY01-428492040"
    I previously received a "backordered" email from Best Buy at around 2am PT 11/20 ~3hrs after placing my order. My shipment notification came in around 1pm PT 11/21.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    11-21-11 03:30 PM
    Can't see that with them selling out everywhere at $199 ?

That's the current price needed to sell tablets,
    I think we could see more brands being cleared soon, too.

A lot of Honeycomb tablets have been sitting on the shelves,
    and the new Tegra 3 tabs are just about due...
    11-21-11 03:53 PM
    ok justgot donewith BB. I was trying to do instore pick up of the 64 I placed on order. They told me they are out and WILL NOT getanymore 64's back in. said they hada certain amount wharehouse and they can't order anymore since each company had a certain amount allotted and since they are completely out RIM might be out of stock at this time.

i asked about anyone that already ordered and the managerstated if you ordered it should be fine, only lastfew people thatordered at the same time might not due to numbers ofstock notdropping fast enough system thinking PB was still in stock.

hope this helps everyone. still it is BB so take it with grain of salt.
    11-21-11 04:45 PM

same here, I'm hopping that they are shipping these untis from their ohio warehouse, because I'm in Michigan
    11-21-11 05:42 PM
    Ordered my 64gb at 1124pm on 11/19 and just got a shipping notification today at 824am PST. Hope there are no problems when I break her open.
    11-21-11 06:17 PM
    I got my confirmation at 12:20am EST on the 19th, but no shipping notice yet.
    (I would have had it ordered earlier - thanks OP - but the credit card cycle would not complete on 3 diff numbers and I had to call in to a real person).
    I want to know before Staples opens their 32GB for $249 sale, and hoping that Best Buy comes thru.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 11-22-11 at 11:29 AM.
    11-21-11 07:55 PM
162 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD