All

I checked at futureshop.ca and added PB to the cart.. Final amount comes to 340$ including sales+other tax..

However when i add PB to cart in ca.shopblackberry.com the final cost still showing as 299$

So am i saving 40$ through blackberry site ? or sales tax will be added later?

Kindly advise..
    Thanks in advance.
    01-10-12 12:21 AM
    (shrug)...either way, by the time you get it from shopblackberry money will be obsolete, and blackberry will have put out os14 or so...go with future shop and get your playbook while you're still young
    01-10-12 12:26 AM
    (shrug)...either way, by the time you get it from shopblackberry money will be obsolete, and blackberry will have put out os14 or so...go with future shop and get your playbook while you're still young
    RIM is a canadian company, so wont it get delivered within a week ...
    01-10-12 12:30 AM
    The cart will load with sales tax in canada.
    01-10-12 12:31 AM
    in theory, but shopblackberry doesn't have a great track record with playbook delivery...it's not RIM you're ordering from, and it's not RIM that ships it, and it won't be shipped from canada
    sbhas2k likes this.
    01-10-12 12:34 AM
    go with the cheaper one if you don't mind waiting. i'm using the one i bought from shop.blackberry. took them two weeks to ship in my case. i bought this unit for my mom and she didn't care for it too much but ever since i hooked it to the tv for her to watch online movies she loves it. she wants it now. i may end up buying another one for myself when i have the money. the reason my mom still prefer using her laptop because she can't conveniently check her email. once the native email client is in place, it'll be over.
    sbhas2k likes this.
    01-10-12 12:36 AM
    go with the cheaper one if you don't mind waiting. i'm using the one i bought from shop.blackberry. took them two weeks to ship in my case. i bought this unit for my mom and she didn't care for it too much but ever since i hooked it to the tv for her to watch online movies she loves it. she wants it now. i may end up buying another one for myself when i have the money. the reason my mom still prefer using her laptop because she can't conveniently check her email. once the native email client is in place, it'll be over.
    Can you tell me how much u bought it for ? My cart shows 299$ and no sales tax.. Just want to know if sales tax will be added later or not?

Thanks
    01-10-12 12:53 AM
    The cart will load with sales tax in canada.
    You mean to say 299$ including all taxes ? Thanks
    01-10-12 12:55 AM
    go with FS... if anything goes wrong its easier to go back and deal with store than to try to find a rep online/via phone.
    01-10-12 01:01 AM
    If you follow through with the checkout it will add taxes at the end. I would go with FS, just if you are in Metro Vancouver don't go to the BBY store since they seem to have issues with the units there.
    01-10-12 01:54 AM
    If you follow through with the checkout it will add taxes at the end. I would go with FS, just if you are in Metro Vancouver don't go to the BBY store since they seem to have issues with the units there.

I was in the last page where i need to enter credi card details.. My cart still showed 299$

Final question to ppl who bought from shopblackberry.com.. What is the final amount you payed ?

I live in Ontario, Toranto if it would be of any help..
    01-10-12 02:12 AM
    Are you on the US version of shopblackberry.com? If so, no tax will be added at checkout - but you will get charged tax when either the courier or post office delivers it. You will also be charged a brokerage fee, which is charged by the courier for collecting the tax on the governments behalf. Canada post is $10 bucks, UPS Fedex will be in the $50 range depending on level of service.

Canadian version should add tax.

What is the url of the shop bb site you went on?
    01-10-12 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD