I just got a 16gb off ebay for $115!!! I feel cheated!!!
    11-19-12 08:37 AM
    Will things never cease to amaze me? Time and again we hear that the 16 GB Pb is out of stock and only ones remaining are the 32GB and 64GB. And you are lucky if you can find the latter two. Now I hear the 64GB is selling for $132 at Office Depot? Hey, maybe some stores are holding back tablets for Black Friday and Christmas sales. I got my 64GB PB for $199 and I thought (and still think) that was too good an offer to pass up at Office Depot a couple of months ago.

But I'm happy.
    11-20-12 06:29 PM
    USB OTG would be useful for carrying manuals, reference books, docs, music,movies, etc that you don't want to leave on the BBPB using a flashdrive. With the Nexus 7 which has an app available even for nonrooted devices it is even possible to hook up a hard disk.. It would also be good if you could download to it.

Back to main thread, looks like I better hang on to the 32GB arriving Monday from Walmart for $149. Still a good deal although would like it to be 64 for same price.
    I actually use a Kingston Wi-Drive for this purpose. It is a small, solid state drive (16-64 GB capacity) which creates its own WIFi network. You can stream to three devices at once (this is not a hard limit, but performance may suffer with more simultaneous streams). Great for kids on car trips, each one can be watching their own movie, and I have used it with PlayBook, iPad, Android, Windows, and Mac.
    11-20-12 09:14 PM
    Will things never cease to amaze me? Time and again we hear that the 16 GB Pb is out of stock and only ones remaining are the 32GB and 64GB. And you are lucky if you can find the latter two. Now I hear the 64GB is selling for $132 at Office Depot? Hey, maybe some stores are holding back tablets for Black Friday and Christmas sales. I got my 64GB PB for $199 and I thought (and still think) that was too good an offer to pass up at Office Depot a couple of months ago.

But I'm happy.
    Re: Now I hear the 64GB is selling for $132 at Office Depot? as of 2012-11-19

Price in system was holding at $149.93 as of 2012-11-20 for 64GB

11-20-12 11:51 PM
    I waited around too long and there aren't any around me that are left. There are a few 16 GB ones for $129 but they are an hour away in a direction I never go. I was hoping to get one for my daughter. It'd be the 4th PB I've bought.
    11-21-12 12:06 AM
    I waited around too long and there aren't any around me that are left. There are a few 16 GB ones for $129 but they are an hour away in a direction I never go. I was hoping to get one for my daughter. It'd be the 4th PB I've bought.
    They can do a Campus Ship between stores.

Use the locate function on the OD Site, If you find a store that shows inventory, you can have local OD rep call and have it shipped to your local store. Cost=Free.

You can also call store showing it being in stock yourself, have your local store number handy.
    11-21-12 11:42 AM
    @WeAreNotAlone
    When I asked them, they told me they don't ship items from store to store
    11-21-12 06:25 PM
    I bought the 32GB in September for 157 and that was a great deal at the time and the 64GB was selling at 199. Amazing what can happen in two months!
    11-21-12 08:12 PM
    @WeAreNotAlone
    When I asked them, they told me they don't ship items from store to store
    They transfer inventory store to store all the time.
    There is no charge for doing so.

Who did you talk to?
    Each of the store managers I talked with had NO issues with transferring the (4) PlayBooks I ordered out of their inventory.
    (3 of the units had been in xyz store inventory since 2011-06, (1) since 2011-12 so that's close to 18, and 12 months the units had been in their inventory (Talk about DEAD inventory) so they were happy to get rid of it.

1: Do the legwork finding out what store has the item.
    2: Call the store that has the item, ask to speak with the person who does transfers /Campus shipments- I think was the term they use. (When I called store(s) directly I talked with the store manager. - I mentioned the fact of the PB's not selling well- EG DEAD inventory- to reinforce this in their mind- had them physically pull and read back production date off box-It's the last line on the white label below serial/UPC)
    (Alternatively, you can with the item number in hand, and store number of the store that has the item - Ask someone at your local store to make the call. They will call, request item to be shipped. Make sure they get the persons name on the other end... Additionally request while they are on the phone PHYSICALLY check the item is in stock... One thing you could do is tell them you want to know what the last line reads on the white label that contains the serial number /bar codes on the end cap of the box under the line "Accessories made in China" EG: 010611 = Date of manufacture. Tell them also as a excuse to get them to physically pull the item while you are on the phone, that box is sealed. (You want to confirm that regardless).

Note that if they only show (1) in inventory- it might be the display..

TIP: In my case my local store was doing inventory (This might be a reason they said they couldn't do it)
    In my case, my local store was showing (1) in inventory- drove over there as was told by the store manager Rodney who I had talked to the previous day when looking at tablets the Google Nexus 7 would be a better choice.
    (When I mentioned the word PlayBook he made one of those faces that says, you really don't want one of those.)

He (and all the managers I talked with) said PlayBook sales were *EXTREMELY poor, heck he couldn't remember the last time them had sold one. (Other store managers said the same) He said of the few he remembers, just about ALL of them got * RETURNED.
    He said the hardware was while well built, but was about 18 months old spec/design wise and something like the Nexus 7 has a faster cpu/gpu, would overall be less "hassle" overall from a OS, app perspective.

Of the units returned, he said people didn't like the oversights / hassles /things left out in the OS...(Especially those without a BlackBerry phone) and more importantly the LACK OF APPS, LACK OF APPS, LACK OF APPS compared to the competition.
    * Extremely poor sales would explain the 2011-06-01 production date on (3) of the tablets I got from various OD stores!

Asked about the (1) unit that was showing in his inventory, and he told me it was a display with a broken screen, it was being sent to claims.

Next day after reading all the posts here on CrackBerry... Decided what the heck I'll try one, surely it can't be that bad.

With part number and ID of store I had found via the store search function at Office Depot website. Swung by my local store figuring they could get one transferred in.
    Had them call store A to request item be transferred to B instead of my local store as they were doing inventory. After they hung up from A they called B directly to let them know a transfer was coming from A in my name.

On PB#2, Went to my local store I called store showing inventory directly, talked with store manager. About a hr later- called back and said to add another to the order (PB#3). He said no problem, should ship out same day and be here about 2 (Business) days.
    (UPS does not deliver /Office Depot does not accept UPS on weekends)

2, 3 Business days passed. No units... Called store A that previously had (3) units. Asked for the manager, David that answered the phone said him might be able to help. Told him I was doing a follow up as the items had not arrived yet. He had heard about 2 units being earmarked to be transferred, he came back saying he found (1) in the office- At time time- I was thinking about getting another (PB#4).. Him saying he couldn't find the others, so they must have shipped... and that he did not know the story of the one in the office. David says even if they wanted to, they were doing inventory... so they too would not be able to transfer anything in or out.

Asked who I needed to talk with regarding finding out story on PlayBook in office... David said store manager was out to lunch, but he'd relay the message -him saying manager would be in at XYZ time, Left my number- asking for a call back.

About 45 mins later receive call back from Andrew, store manager I had previously talked with on (2) separate occasions. During that call I found out about the PB in the office, it was one of three they had been showing in inventory... and drum roll.... the other two units had been SOLD !!!!

To his credit, Andrew said he had arranged thru another store !!!!.... to snag (2) they had, and transfer those 2 , plus the one he had to store all this stuff was getting transferred to.

Around 2pm or so the next day I called this new store Andrew was arranging (2) units to be transferred from - requesting a way to track the shipment. Was told 2 were boxed up,Got a UPS tracking #, plus got a six digit internal Office Depot reference number.... that the units would be shipped out around 4PM. (This took about 2-3 mins.)

Around 2:25 called Andrew's store... and was told Sunday was his LAST DAY (oh crap-ola here we go again).... Luckily I had written down his next in commands name and asked for them. Was told (1) unit had not been shipped yet, it should go out around 4... Got the tracking number.

Couple of hrs later- check via UPS on tracking numbers- showing label generated. Next morning I see packages are in route. Next day around 11:30 I get e-mail notification from UPS packages have been delivered.

(On this and previous shipments I had requested to be called once unit(s) arrived, never did receive call from store units shipped to, so try to get UPS tracking number so you will be able to track.)

Around 4pm swing by store to pick units up, get a price adjustment on Rapid Charger Pod bought a week earlier for $24 with tax- to match price on a CowBoom deal (BesyBuy Company). $9.99 + $3.00 S&H + tax= Around $14.50+/-. Told the manager it was only fair I pay adjust price shipped (with the $3.00 shipping charge)

Looking at the receipt latter I see he adjusted to $9.99.

So, as you see inventory can be transferred from store to store. Note there is no CHARGE for doing so.

(2) PB's being SOLD out from underneath me, that were earmarked to be transferred out....Story I get is there was a miscommunication. When I first heard units had come up missing- sort of thinking someone who worked there realized at the markdown price they might want them... as happens alot.
    Related= At my local store which was doing inventory when I first checked with them, I was told by store manager Rodney- unit they were showing was the display and screen was broken, so it was going to claims. A week later... when I went back to get unit #2 transfer process started the (3) guys in the computer section said just LAST NIGHT one of them had sold that last unit... and NOTHING was wrong with it. GRRRRRRRR.
    Last edited by WeAreNotAlone; 11-26-12 at 09:41 AM.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-22-12 12:16 AM
    APPEARS OFFICE DEPOT (USA) is TOTALLY SOLD OUT.

Anyone else ordered a 64gb PB online @ OD and still waiting on backorder? I live chatted with a OD rep last week and he told me that they would be re-stocked Monday but tracking stays the same = waiting backordered...am I the only one shafted by OD?
    I seriously doubt they will fulfill the order, past few days the 64GB was showing SOLD-OUT, previously it was showing SOLD-OUT online about a week prior BUT was showing IN-STOCK at some stores.
    (Pop up box would appear to search via zip code)

Past few days, search results gave a "SOLD-OUT" type message- referring you to other products you might "like" with a banner along the top that said item number 727467 PlayBook 64GB (RIM-PLAYBOOK64) was no longer available.

tem 727467, BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet 64GB Black, is not available for purchase at this time.
    Shop below for similar products.
    When checking the link to the page itself IIRC it said SOLD-OUT online, and the pop-up box /options to search any stores by entering zip code had disappeared totally.

16GB IIRC (And I did not check the details) on the first page if you had typed in "PlayBook" was showing as available.

Past day or so and as of 2012-11-29= 64GB and the other one (Think it was the 16GB) had a greyed out pic with a red SOLD-OUT banner across it.

Now it and the other listing are TOTALLY GONE.

PlayBook - Search at Office Depot

Disclaimer: YMMV depending on zip code.

For details on how you "might" find one, and have it transferred to a local store check here.
    (The below posts are not exactly spot on to your situation but I'm thinking "managers "may" have a "internal" way to check inventory not displayed on website)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7739848

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7740807

11-30-12 09:41 AM
    Didn't want to start a whole new thread but just a heads up Cowboom has 64Gb Playbooks for $149.99. Coupled with a 10% discount with code Celebrate10 and free shipping it isn't a bad deal. Fair amount of 6's and 5's remaining.
    12-23-12 11:39 PM
    Didn't want to start a whole new thread but just a heads up Cowboom has 64Gb Playbooks for $149.99. Coupled with a 10% discount with code Celebrate10 and free shipping it isn't a bad deal. Fair amount of 6's and 5's remaining.
    According to cowboom.com "Rim BlackBerry 64GB 7in PlayBook with WiFi (Pre-owned)"
    12-24-12 12:44 AM
62 123