Because, since the os2 update my playbook has become increasingly unreliable. I'll have 3 apps open and all but one will shut down after some time. The browser has become pretty unstable sometimes with only one tab open.
    Seeing as I love the platform and OS I want to stick around so I want to know if the larger memory models are a bit more reliable. Is there anything I can do with my current model to help improve performance because like I said in my last post, my laptop is dead and gone so as a college student I'm relying heavily on my playbook TEMPORARILY.
    03-05-12 11:13 AM
    The only difference between the 16, 32 and 64 GB PB's is storage memory, it won't make a difference in performance of your device.

As for what you can do to improve performance, I've read a lot of posts from people who had similar instability issues after updating to OS2 that were solved after a backup & wipe.
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 03-05-12 at 11:21 AM.
    03-05-12 11:16 AM
    I doubt it. I had my 16gb since September and never had any of the problems other people are posting, not even after the OS2 update. I guess I got a good one.
    03-05-12 11:59 AM
    I have a 16, 32 and 64 and they all work the same.
    03-05-12 01:13 PM
    I've had all 3 as well - the only difference is the amount of storage. I've never had any issues worth talking / complaining about with any of my Playbooks.
    03-05-12 01:29 PM
    The developer peter9477 wrote that version 2.0 added "memory paging" to the PlayBook.

With this modification, it's possible that the PlayBook could have problems if the flash ram had little or no free space left. It's like what happens if you fill up the system disk on a PC or Mac.

It's easier to fill up a 16GB PB than a 32G or 64G model.

Other than that possibility, I don't see why the 16GB model would be less stable.
    03-05-12 02:13 PM
    Were you on the OS 2.0 beta or did you upgrade straight from 1.0?

How many Android apps do you use regularly? (The Android player is a memory hog)
    03-05-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD