Hi All, I've seen that we'll be able to use a BB to connect the playbook to the internet via 3G. Does anyone know if when the 4G Playbook is released if it will allow a computer or BB to tether in reverse from its 4G connection? That would be a nice feature.
    01-14-11 10:25 PM
    I know I can use my blackberry phone to get a connection on my laptop, so I'm assuming that functionality would be included on the playbook, who knows though.

As far as using the playbook to get 3g on your blackberry.... No idea. Why would you need that though? I guess if your planning on removing data from your monthly plan on your phone and switching it to a plan for the playbook then it would make sense, but then isn't that the same thing as buying the wifi only playbook? All your doing is switching the host device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 11:02 PM
    Thanks! I think users with wifi only might want to tether to 3G when away from a hot spot. I think users with wifi/4G model might want to tether in reverse to capitalize on faster speeds on their PC when away from a hot spot. Just how I would use it . Depends on the model, though.

01-15-11 12:37 AM
    i doubt this will be possible.
    01-15-11 12:57 PM
    I guess it could be possible if someone was to come up with some type of hotspot hack for it.

I just hate Sprint is going to be the carrier here in the states and that if you're not in a 4G spot it doesn't have any fall back capabilities
    01-15-11 01:46 PM
    Yeah... I had to switch to spint for work. I get a lot of dropped calls now. My assuption is that the 4G units will also have wifi.

01-15-11 04:02 PM
    They will but really why buy a 4G device that can't also use 3G. Sprint's 4G isn't that widespread so you just paid more for a wifi device..
    01-15-11 09:52 PM
    sprint is getting the 4g PB this summer.
    01-15-11 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD