- CrackBerry User
- 18 Posts
4G Playbook as a hotspot
According to this https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...60458/?lang=en
This app can turn your 4G playbook into a hotspot, but it doesn't work for me unfortunately....
I hope you guys have better luck than me.
- 12-18-2012, 04:05 PM #2
It's a silly Android port and will never work for turning your PlayBook into a 4G HotSpot. The way in which Android is implemented doesn't allow for such options to even be enabled. RIM really needs to address this issues with incompatible apps being advertised but alas, it's an ongoing issue that's not likely to stop anytime soon until someone raises the issue in a big way. It's even worse when it comes to Android apps that have been ported not by Android developers w/o the real developers knowledge. The Android app player is one of RIM's best and worst ideas ever.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-18-2012, 07:12 PM #3
- 128 Posts
They say the paid version can be used with 3G and 4G devices, but I have not investigated just how.
The Internet, Faster - Connectify Hotspot and Dispatch
Reading further, it may be that they are talking about 3G/4G cards on a Windows computer.
- CrackBerry Master
12-18-2012, 09:09 PM #5
- 1,300 Posts
Its a Handster app, so you should expect those to not work/be crap. I still can't comprehend why RIM lets them flood our App World like nobody's business.
Last edited by FrankIAm; 12-18-2012 at 09:23 PM.Research in Slow-motion.
- By LimeTripBlog in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 15Last Post: 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM
- By todbanner in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 10Last Post: 08-12-2012, 11:32 AM
- By josepha in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2011, 08:41 PM
- By b121 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 01-15-2011, 10:48 PM
- By man6ano in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM