I thought I'd start a thread just for the LTE users to share some of the unique difference between us and the WiFi version. I bought mine outright and had it unlocked online from instantblackberryunlockcode.com. It was so fast that the code came in my inbox before my receipt. I'm with Fido and got them to sign me up to the tablet plan. The $10 flex plan that grows depending how much you use. Fido doesn't have a tablet share plan. I'm not on contract so I have it with LTE service. Not a very big area but I get through Oshawa before I lose it. It's also working in KIngston.
    I love the extra speed and find it much more responsive. I would say to get the LTE version if a person was looking to get a PlayBook.
    I thought we could share info like LTE areas, what kind of different plans are available and with who, as well as your thoughts on whether the LTE version is really worth the extra money. I was also wondering how many LTE owners are on CrackBerry.
    10-05-12 06:09 AM
    I posted a Canada LTE carrier coverage thread but can't find it ........hope it'll come back with the forum tweaking later today.
    I would like to see a dedicated LTE topic or sticky under PlayBook OS as well.

My biggest beef right now is not getting the 2.1update. Carrier approval BITES!!!!
    10-05-12 07:37 AM
    I'd like to know how the upgrade is going to work too. Will we just get a warning on our PlayBooks? Do we have to wait for all the Carriers to agree or will the upgrades start as each one passes it? So many questions about it.
    10-05-12 12:04 PM
    I was on the fence about upgrading but now that I have it, I love it. When you see the reviews online it doesn't really do justice to having one in your hands.

We're several months away from LTE but this is faster than using my 9900 as a hotspot.

Rogers told me there is nothing imminent re 2.1.
    10-05-12 10:15 PM
    Waiting for it to come to U.S......
    10-06-12 04:00 PM
    I emailed RIM and they said the update will be coming from their servers so we will get the update notice on the PlayBook. They won't give any other information though. One positive point is that we are getting updates that the WiFi version isn't getting. It could be as simple as an aGPS update and Video Chat over 4G, or something bigger and better. I guess the extras are worth the wait.
    10-06-12 08:40 PM
    Good to know. 2.1 would be nice sooner than later. We probably aren't high on their agenda given they likely haven't sold too many of them. Hopefully it will come with the us release.
    10-07-12 01:17 AM