Have anyone tried using a 3rd party browser in their BB Playbook? If there is can you please tell me where can I get it. You might want to ask why I want to use a 3rd party browser instead of the default BB browser. This is what I'm trying to do with my BB Playbook, I want to bridge it with my curve 9300 if I don't have the wi-fi connection. But I can't browse through BB browser with my carrier/network even though I follow the step by step procedure in setting up the gprs connection. What they suggested was I must download a 3rd party browser for me to be able to browse through gprs connection which I did with my curve 9300. So it work, now my problem is whenever I bridge my curve 9300 to my Playbook, like what I said my carrier's gprs connection won't with the default broswer of BB. That's why I also need a 3rd party browser for my Playbook. I'm hoping someone can recommend me anything. Thanks a lot mates!
    Last edited by wickedjeff; 02-16-12 at 02:26 AM.
    02-16-12 02:22 AM
    Simple Browser, try it for yourself from BB App World on your PB...
    I have the Plus version with tabs (pay) and works very well, the developer put alot of time into getting it to work on 2.0 Betas, so it should work well once Official 2.0 is released in days.

You can also use word wrap which can be very beneficial when resizing a page and zooming in to a column you'd like to read up close. (on the app it's called text reflow, be sure to enable it)
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 02-16-12 at 03:00 AM.
    wickedjeff likes this.
    02-16-12 02:55 AM
    Secure Browser is another... $1.99 in App World.
    02-16-12 05:30 AM
    Hopefully the 2.0 browser will be an improvement.
    02-16-12 07:46 AM
    +1 on Simple Browser Plus. HaTax is a regular here and did an awesome job.
    02-16-12 07:51 AM
    I have Simple Browser, but couldn't find the PLUS version. Was it on the Dev Version?
    02-16-12 08:37 AM
    I use Simple Browser for ALL Google Apps & Amazon Prime because it just works. The Native Browser works great for everything else. I do hope that there are some major improvements next week. Thumbnails for the Bookmarks. Better organization of bookmarks would be AWESOME! Am I alone on this one?
    02-16-12 08:39 AM
    I have Simple Browser, but couldn't find the PLUS version. Was it on the Dev Version?
    yes simple browser will do the work and it's FREE! @cdelcampo216 you can find the plus version in the AppWorld just search for "SimpleBrowserPlus" in one word
    02-16-12 09:27 AM
    I have simple browser plus and secure browser but in my opinion simple browser is more fluent and works great without any bugs since the last update.
    Brian
    02-16-12 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD