Will 3rd party bridge access be available to devs on bb10? Only drawback from allowing access that I can think of is the bridge speed being slowed down by having to many apps on it. But then again bb10 is expected to have bluetooth 4.0. Is this possible? If not, why?
    11-09-12 01:30 AM
    While I don't know the answer 100%.. what I do know is, that there is currently no publicly available API for BlackBerry Bridge for developers to tap into that I'm aware of. So unless RIM has it directly hard coded to work with third party apps in such a way that is transparent, I'd say no. But again, that's not based on any confirmed information -- just me tossing that out there as I know it currently.
    11-09-12 01:46 AM
    Will 3rd party bridge access be available to devs on bb10? Only drawback from allowing access that I can think of is the bridge speed being slowed down by having to many apps on it. But then again bb10 is expected to have bluetooth 4.0. Is this possible? If not, why?
    That does sound like a neat idea but opening any bbphone up to access might be a security nightmare. But it could be a security issue that can be left to the bbphone's owner.
    11-09-12 08:46 AM