I just bought my third.

STAPLES | BUREAU EN GROS
    Boight likes this.
    11-21-12 07:47 AM
    Same as this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...v-23-a-754676/ ?

It's just sad the way they never go on sale here in India. And international shipping makes it meaningless..
    Cracklen likes this.
    11-21-12 08:59 AM
    I would not fret. I had my playbook for less than a year, and although I did not misuse it, the poorly designed micro usb port broke and so far RIM is unwilling to fix it under warranty.

If RIM doed not wish to give you a deal in India, Android manufacturers do and you can give RIM feedback with your wallet. Maybe they'll care then.
    adi_vastava likes this.
    11-21-12 09:03 AM
    I would not fret. I had my playbook for less than a year, and although I did not misuse it, the poorly designed micro usb port broke and so far RIM is unwilling to fix it under warranty.

If RIM doed not wish to give you a deal in India, Android manufacturers do and you can give RIM feedback with your wallet. Maybe they'll care then.
    I have had mine for a few months too..
    I ended up with dead camera on update bug.. I had called up blackberry customer support which I do not think was in India who said that it was a hardware problem and the service Centre would fix it under warranty. So got it to the service Centre which is managed by Redington (who import it) and they aren't really very friendly. Asked me atleast 3 times if I had dropped it.. Though they did fix it for me eventually. Just I feel that their service here isn't so good or they just that guy who was handling it had a bad day..

And the thing is I'm not really looking for an android tablet. Even today if I need a new one I'd go for a playbook rather than an android.. Personal choice though..
    11-21-12 10:50 AM
    i had good experience with rim. they did not even ask me to provide them with purchase receipt.
    11-21-12 03:33 PM
    I have had mine for a few months too..
    I ended up with dead camera on update bug.. I had called up blackberry customer support which I do not think was in India who said that it was a hardware problem and the service Centre would fix it under warranty. So got it to the service Centre which is managed by Redington (who import it) and they aren't really very friendly. Asked me atleast 3 times if I had dropped it.. Though they did fix it for me eventually. Just I feel that their service here isn't so good or they just that guy who was handling it had a bad day..

And the thing is I'm not really looking for an android tablet. Even today if I need a new one I'd go for a playbook rather than an android.. Personal choice though..
    Well, lucky for you then. I have spoken with RIM, or their repair facility... I can't really tell. The repair facility does refer to itself as BlackBerry, which is idiotic, because it's like complaining to Kraft about their macaroni and cheese, and they tell you thanks for calling "Kraft Dinner".

Anyway, I digress, the OTG (MicroAB USB port) is not a warrantied item according to the person who handled my claim. Also, there seem to be numerous complaints about broken USB ports on the web, which is sad. This incident has left me annoyed. I'm not fixing the PB, instead I'll be replacing it with an Android and probably will be upgrading my Storm2 with an S3. I'm tired of having to surf the web with dumbed down version of Opera. Actually, I'm just tired of supporting yet another Canadian company that annoys its user base.
    11-28-12 11:04 PM
    As soon as you buy it it's worth depreciates to around 30 dollars.

Not worth it for outdated, failed old tech.
    11-29-12 07:41 AM