So, which 3 apps would best be used to demonstrate the PBs' capabilities to your friends?
    05-05-12 12:15 PM
    So, which 3 apps would best be used to demonstrate the PBs' capabilities to your friends?
    How about the browser?

I always find it interesting how amazed people are about the smooth rendering of flash content.

Another one could be Dead Space, still stressing that it is the BEST looking game on the PlayBook graphics wise.

The three PIM apps, showcases great integration.

AND, just for the kicks, show them Obenkyo, an android app which looks pretty darn cool and is super smooth, never crashed on me.
    spike12 likes this.
    05-05-12 12:29 PM
    the hi def video demo, need for speed, and bridge.

or use documents to go to present a powerpoint show with bridge.

when they ask about gps and maps, just give them a blank stare. same for when they ask about skype, netflix, and 4g connectivity.
    05-05-12 12:31 PM
    I'd show them the demo video that came pre-installed on the playbook. Looks incredible.
    05-05-12 12:31 PM
    First reply!

Thanks for taking the plunge.

The OS2 browser did win the Benchmark for speed, so thats a good point.

Dead Space I havent checked out yet. I'd be interested in other peoples views as I just seem to be buying more and more apps recently!

The PIM apps I would agree are good, but I want something to catch peoples eye and drag them into thee PB world.

Obenkyo is cheating, by the way. Its not something I could use to drag someone into the PB world!
    05-05-12 12:35 PM
    How do i get to the HiDef video demo?
    05-05-12 12:36 PM
    On top of what's been mentioned above, Scrapbook may be a good app to demo Cascades. It's not a particularly useful/productive app, but very sleek looking.
    05-05-12 12:38 PM
    How do i get to the HiDef video demo?
    you don't. it's already there. you know, in the videos app. it's the video with the sea turtle and the city fly overs.

looks incredible in 1080p on a tv using an hdmi cable.
    05-05-12 12:44 PM
    You could showoff predictive keyboard, multitasking.
    When it comes to apps then go for Scrap Book, Pacemaker(yet to release) but once you're friends see it they'll go crazy & lastly Groovy Notes.
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 05-05-12 at 01:43 PM.
    It really depends on what the friends are into. If a friend is into first person shooter games. Let em checkout modern combat2. If you have a multitasking social web surfer open up tweeter, facebook, browser, youtube app and whatever else and demo how you can just swipe thru all this and keep up with the trends and watch video while searchinh subject matter for that project due in the morning. Heck open zinio while your at it so they can just how easy to read a mag or book while keeping up with the click while doing your homework (or kid's) which ever the case maybe.
    Is your girlfriend/boyfriend a control freak? Wanna create your self a little break. Show them splashtop and or jeeosuit and hand it to them. The controlling nature will take over and give ya a couple hours of peace. Lol
    Xlabz' stuff is all pretty good. Blaq has become a very nice Twitter client (my personal fave on my PB) and Sketch with Friends is actually cooler than Draw Something.
    05-05-12 12:45 PM
    This guy does a good job at it.
    except I would swap the Modern combat game for Deadspace.
    sputneek likes this.
    05-05-12 12:47 PM
    I'd show them the demo video that came pre-installed on the playbook. Looks incredible.
    +1 for the demo vid. Looks absolutely beautiful!
    05-05-12 12:50 PM
    If you're looking for a clean/smooth app with a nice UI - Groovy Notes is a highly functional notetaking/to-do, etc app that could showcase how the PB's form factor is great to double as a notebook with Bridge typing capabilites, etc.
    05-05-12 12:55 PM
    Let's Golf 2! I had never played games on a non gaming platform before, I was floored by the sound and graphics.
    05-05-12 12:55 PM
    I'd show pacemaker I'm having a blast with it. Also it just looks so damn clean! Again scrapbook is a good one. Mc2 is also good. I don't think you could really use just 3..The playbook is very versatile.
    05-05-12 02:31 PM
    Lara Croft Guardian of Light
    Smash Cops
    Angry Birds Space
    Deadspace
    Modern Combat 2

If you like games...
    05-05-12 04:50 PM
    You Tube, Kobo, Music, et al.
    05-05-12 04:59 PM
    Bridge, hdmi to tv, video.
    05-05-12 05:12 PM
    1. Hands down has to be Dark Space
    2. I like Doc to go next it is a great water downd version of office.
    3. Calendars ability to syncs with phone and feather for free.
    This should cover gamers, laptop users who need Microsoft office.
    05-05-12 08:01 PM
    ReelPortal (video chat with anyone on PC or Mac)
    Scrapbook (post cute cards to facebook - TAT app)
    Nexus (share basically any type of file with other Playbooks on the same network)
    05-05-12 08:04 PM
    You could showoff predictive keyboard, multitasking.
    When it comes to apps then go for Scrap Book, Pacemaker(yet to release) but once you're friends see it they'll go crazy & lastly Groovy Notes.
    Did you just tell him to show them something that isn't out?

...huh.
    05-05-12 08:09 PM
    All of the above at the same time!!!! While you are at it you can show off the amazing swipes, gestures and UI..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-05-12 08:13 PM
    On top of what's been mentioned above, Scrapbook may be a good app to demo Cascades. It's not a particularly useful/productive app, but very sleek looking.
    I dunno. Scrapbook is pretty damn useful and fun for taking your pics and...dunno...making SCRAPBOOK like pics? Everybody has pics so, I'd say it's pretty useful.

Scrapbook
    Bridge (while mentioning it's free)
    Samurai II
    05-05-12 08:16 PM
    What's Up
    05-05-12 08:20 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD